Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just left the Dedham MA SC - People were loosing their *$@t

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing wrong, just victims or urbanization and maternal neglect lving in an area with many cold dark months a year, with access to plenty of liquor and drugs.

I spent four years in the area and while I learned a lot professionally I would never go back even if it doubled my income.
Don't forget "top rated health care, #1 in education K-12, two of the best colleges in the top 3 nationwide, rated #1 healthiest state, top five in property values and top ten in Best States to Live In"

Oh, and yes your income would double if you went back, as it is ranked eighth for salary and 4th for household income.

...but yeah, other than all of those it is a bad place to live in.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Pollux
Umm, such a generality is not only untrue, but unhelpful.
As they say, "All generalities are false, including this one."

Seriously, making a blanket statement about all people in the northeast is not helping anyone.

You’ve clearly never been to or lived in Boston. I’ve lived here for 12 years and the attitude of Bostonians is the sole reason why I’m moving out of state in January

Reactions: Futuresystem
So I've heard these stories about crazy service centers. I showed up to get warranty work expecting craziness.

What I did not expect were Model 3 owners seemingly throwing tantrums at the extremely patient Tesla staff. They had about 6 or 7 temp workers directing traffic and moving cars. They were standing outside in the rain in 33F degree weather. Props to them.

1 after another new model 3 owners were coming in and just losing their cool just a little bit too quickly. One guy started screaming at a Tesla service girl because his autopilot wasn't activated after 24 hours. She looked him in the eye after he stopped yelling and said "Sir, I'm here to help you. I'm on your side. Let me look into this for you." Then went way out of her way to make sure it was activated ASAP.

Gee whiz guys - let's all chill out! Nothing is that important. You will get your autopilot. You purchasing a car that's more expensive than you normally would does not give you the right to treat others like garbage.

As someone that has dealt with Dedham delivery center, the customer support and the lack of information that they give someone purchasing a vehicle (I don’t care the cost) was pitiful. If the people that were angry they may have been for that reason. While I don’t condone yelling like that, I’ve had a very bad experience at that center and can understand while people aren’t happy. I’ve had emails, texts, phone calls, all unreturned from that store. Promises made that I’ve had to keep chasing down to get fulfilled and more polite correspondences ignored. That place isn’t good IMO. And just because someone greets you with a smile, they are in effective at getting the job done in a lot of cases. Maybe not their fault, but definitely not the customers fault.

I’m surprised, probably shouldn’t be, by the number of people that think it’s ok for communication to be bad and that there shouldn’t be any repercussions for it.

Reactions: 335eye
Odd, back early September when I picked up my 3, complete party atmosphere with everyone all smiles. Kept looking around for the keg.
Maybe the Dedham Dunkin Donuts ran out of coffee.... <shrug>

Both times I supper charged, not another car in the lot. Actually, I will admit to throwing a mini mantrum today, I was off by one spot when backing into the super charger stall. Why aren't the cables longer? Who paints parking spots next to superchargers? Why aren't the spot's better marked with a Red T? Why do I have to back in? Why isn't a Dunkin Donut's drive-up window located next to each and every stall?

So I've heard these stories about crazy service centers. I showed up to get warranty work expecting craziness.

What I did not expect were Model 3 owners seemingly throwing tantrums at the extremely patient Tesla staff. They had about 6 or 7 temp workers directing traffic and moving cars. They were standing outside in the rain in 33F degree weather. Props to them.

1 after another new model 3 owners were coming in and just losing their cool just a little bit too quickly. One guy started screaming at a Tesla service girl because his autopilot wasn't activated after 24 hours. She looked him in the eye after he stopped yelling and said "Sir, I'm here to help you. I'm on your side. Let me look into this for you." Then went way out of her way to make sure it was activated ASAP.

Gee whiz guys - let's all chill out! Nothing is that important. You will get your autopilot. You purchasing a car that's more expensive than you normally would does not give you the right to treat others like garbage.

Definitely not trying to validate poor behavior of any individuals but Tesla deserves a good deal of blame for this situation. Posters on this forum warned over and over that many of the issues we've dealt with would not go over well with the model 3 crowd....emphasis on crowd since these issues are only exacerbated by the increased volume.

I agree. It would great if Tesla tried to get ahead of these type of issues however. It started with Delivery, then quality problems, then to service, and will get to repair (accidents/battery replacement). Tesla will need to figure out ways to scale to support 400k+ cars. As you reach out to a broader audience (Model 3) that doesn't care as much about the Tesla mission and have very high expectations because they have probably spent more money on a M3 than any previous car. As a community, when we talk to new Tesla owners share our perspective. Tesla isn't trying to be the biggest car company in the world, it is trying to change the transportation industry to save the planet.

As an early Model 3 owner I never witnessed any rude behavior of other owners. I frankly am tired of Model S and X owners dissing Model 3 owners for getting the ‘cheap’ Tesla and other issues. You must assume that there are no assholes among S and X owners! Not true!

The reality is that you can get a pre-owned Model S Performance and even an Model X 60 for the same price as the top end M3, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of those same owners are having this 'holier-than-thou" attitude.

Interesting thread. My 2014 was just in for an extensive 4 year maintenance check up. They gave me a loaner and had the car for a week due to the back up of cars to be serviced. When I went to pick up my car, the parking lot was packed with cars and a new-car carrier, blocking the entrance, so much so, I had to double park the loaner. Quite different from the practically empty lot when I bought my car back in 2014. My car was washed, charged and ready to go. After doing the paperwork I was quickly on my way. When I couldn't get my phone to work, a very busy technician came out and sat in the car with me until he got it working. At times, I felt a week was too long to be without my car, but knew I couldn't complain because someone had already told me that I have first-world problems. As to the Model 3 owners, my husband sold Mercedes for many years. He always said the "newly rich" or the people who actually couldn't afford a Mercedes were the most difficult to deal with and most rudely demanding. If you have to wait at a well-established mega General Motors dealership, you might have a reason to complain, but then you wouldn't be driving a Tesla. It's worth the trade-off.

Reactions: 2y3m5d
We paid almost $60K for our model 3. How much is the S? A quick look shows maybe $75K for intermediate battery range? I say expensive either way.
For the same range as a Model 3 LR, closer to $95k. Add in AP and you're over $100k.

But that's neither here nor there. In the grand scheme of things, the cost of the car you drive doesn't make you [the general you] better than anyone else.

LOL
I am from Massachusetts but work in Milwaukee and took delivery of my model 3 here in Wisconsin (Chicago suburbs nearby). I feel grateful to have gotten this fantastic car and I have figured out on my own via this column and other internet sites a variety of glitches that are not really glitches. In this town us Tesla owners wave at each other politely as we pass. It is indeed true that the east coast is a bit more aggressive and entitled than the upper midwest for sure!

Ahh - saying goodbye to the good old days...when you left a card with your cell number on the dash when charging in case you were done and not back from wherever and someone needed to charge. Or you nodded, waved or flashed the hi-beams at another S. Or always having a convo with the other person at an SC. Or the Newark, DE SC was 4 stalls and not 12 (probably more on the way...). But that's the price of success and the 3 a very cool car, is critical to the survival of Tesla. So if a few ill-mannered, aspirational or otherwise emotionally stunted individuals buy a 3 or a pre-owned S, more power to them.And us.

The entitlement I've seen from some Model 3 owners is hilarious... You couldn't afford a Tesla before they made a "cheap" one but yet you'd think they just bought a fully loaded Model S/X P100DL...

I had an encounter at a supercharger recently with a Model 3 owner who wanted me to unplug from my A post so he could charge faster on his B post and proceeded to explain to me that I have no idea how superchargers work and that Model 3's should get first priority anyhow, blah, blah, blah... I tuned him out and stayed plugged in until I was ready to go... I really wanted to shout back "if it weren't for early adopters like myself and many, many others, you wouldn't even have a Model 3 to plug in"...

Jeff

I had an encounter with an M3 owner at SpaceX SC. My husband was explaining to her that her charge rate might b slow. We had pulled in before her in my MX P100D with 50 miles range. He explained the A and B pairs and that she should always look for SC pairs that r empty. She reported us to the attendant, he came out and spoke with us...the M3 owner said “we thought we were more important because our vehicle was more expensive and we had told her to move!”. She was addressing my husband on the passenger side while I spoke with the attendant. Then she dropped the “F’bomb. Sorry “lady” u use that kind of language; I’m not more important but I’m way more educated...get a thesaurus with the money u saved on your vehicle purchase, get the chip off your shoulder and learn courtesy. Guess we could have increased the tension if we had stated we has unlimited charging on both our MX and MS this person was scary. First time I have encountered discourteous ppl at a SC.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler