Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered a Model 3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats and welcome to the firmware update nightmare, just like the rest is us. Also enjoy the Tesla service hell.
Your experience doesn’t mean we ALL have those experiences. LOL.
(Little dramatic I think )..
I’ve had the opposite experience.

I’ve seen some of the customers first hand in the service centre being complete idiots, and unreasonable. Usually when they want something free that isn’t owed to them.
I’m sure some of those same guys are on here complaining that everything Tesla does is terrible. :)

thats what im hoping for! v8 rumble and v10/v12 high pitch screams will be a distant memory one day.

I think you'll have a lot of fun with it. My previous car just before the Tesla was a '19 Mustang GT convertible Perf Package, HFCs, tuned for E85, h-pipe on the OEM active exhaust, had the stellar A10 and that 3rd Gen Coyote, 32v, at 7600 with the exhaust fully opened was pretty glorious. But after so much of the same thing, over and over, the change with the M3P is amazing, sometimes driving around town I feel like a time traveler ...

re: Range

I hear ya, it was a thing with me as well. We got a Wrangler 4xe back in April, and being a PHEV, range kind of wasn't a concern (even though it mostly runs on battery, since it's our beach/around town in good weather car, i.e., ~15 mile radius use).

What I did was to spend a decent amount of time plotting various trips we make in A Better Route Planner, after seeing it wasn't really a big deal, even for long-er-ish trips, one 25 minute stop (in one case, that stop plus an overnight), I finally knew an M3P would be just fine.

That being said, our first "major" road trip still gave me a tiny bit of anxiety, mostly because the car was going to be sitting at the airport for a few days, and I even though I never saw much battery loss with it sitting in in the garage, it's totally different to think about dealing with a dead car in an airport parking lot.

Well, it was nothing, no issue, anxiety free :) We did the ~130 miles to the airport, arrived with about 1/2 charge remaining - and then from Fri to Tue we lost like 2%, drive over to the Portofino, free charged back to full, had a blast for a few days and got home without any tiny amount of issues, all for about $4 too :)