Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just placed order for MS 75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check to see if it's uncorked. Checking eligibility for this on 75's (as opposed to 75D's) will lead you down a rabbit hole that Tesla folks have trouble tracking. It's all in the forums. I just took delivery of my 75 and it took some time to sort out. Happy to elaborate about my adventure if it will help.

Mine was built mid August, after the hardware/software upgrades that led to quicker acceleration if I'm not mistaken? My OA told me that the vehicle I ordered does 0-60 in 4.2 seconds.

How long did they mention transport would take? I really can't imagine it being more than a week or two but they could be backed up getting them out of the factory. When I was choosing a car my OA found a couple of options with scheduled production about to complete and told me to expect a three week delay before delivery.

Notified today production will be completed 11/27 Monday. Road test then moves to delivery.

I'm not sure since I purchased rather than custom order. My understanding is that they can mark the car as "delivered" in 2017 so that you are still eligible to use the tax credit this year (if the proposed tax plan passes it will eliminate the credit as many know). You will still receive the car physically on the scheduled delivery date, say January/February if you order now.

I don’t agree having read the tax code. Car must be delivered AND placed in service, which is proven by date of registration. Of course it is only a foul if the ref throws the flag but not a risk I am willing to take.

I'm not sure since I purchased rather than custom order. My understanding is that they can mark the car as "delivered" in 2017 so that you are still eligible to use the tax credit this year (if the proposed tax plan passes it will eliminate the credit as many know). You will still receive the car physically on the scheduled delivery date, say January/February if you order now.[/QUOTE]

I don’t agree having read the tax code. Car must be delivered AND placed in service, which is proven by date of registration. Of course it is only a foul if the ref throws the flag but not a risk I am willing to take.

I'm not sure since I purchased rather than custom order. My understanding is that they can mark the car as "delivered" in 2017 so that you are still eligible to use the tax credit this year (if the proposed tax plan passes it will eliminate the credit as many know). You will still receive the car physically on the scheduled delivery date, say January/February if you order now.
[/QUOTE]

Not sure, I'm simply quoting what my OA said, which was if you order within a reasonable amount of time they'll ensure that I am eligible for the tax credit. Regardless it doesn't apply to me, since I'll be taking delivery Dec. 1st. Good luck to anyone that needs to get the tax credit! I think it's going to be a busy month in terms of last minute sales. They're already selling inventory cars faster than they can restock the showrooms. My local store was down to just four vehicles (two for test drives/overnights, one in the showroom) before received eight more this past week.

Congratulations! Do you have a delivery estimate on the My Tesla screen? I'm not sure how long it takes from just entering but I was looking at a couple of cars that were in the final stages of production and my OA said to estimate three weeks after production end.

UPDATE: My Tesla will be ready by this Saturday (great turnaround considering I ordered it last night) unfortunately I won't be able to fly up until Dec. 1st due to the Thanksgiving Holiday :(

Just received call from DS car due Nashville next week. I turned in tradein pics this afternoon. She seemed to think it might be earlier in week. Right now I’m scheduled to pick it up 12/12. I expect sooner. Do they turnover cars on weekend?

Just received call from DS car due Nashville next week. I turned in tradein pics this afternoon. She seemed to think it might be earlier in week. Right now I’m scheduled to pick it up 12/12. I expect sooner. Do they turnover cars on weekend?
Strange I didn’t receive a call. My car is also built in the week of 20th and it’s finished production. With the VIN ending 2312xx. Also coming to Nashville. I thought our cars would come together

Reactions: Gt1948