Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Purchased 2014 85kwh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@random155 You lucked out! Your S has the optional $1,250 center console that was an option for nose-cone cars. I bought a CPO 2014 back in 2017 when they didn't really give you pictures and I lucked out with the center console too. It makes life so much easier. Congrats on the purchase!

Source: Model S Integrated Center Console
I did notice that, and also it has some light tint on the windows. Two things that I would have purchased if the car did not come with it. Thats how I justified paying the 2k shipping, money spent anyway. That works in my brain lol

Reactions: cliffud
Nicely done, OP - that's quite similar to what I'm looking for to get out of this poor choice I'm currently driving. My first Model S was significantly better in terms of the driving experience, largely due to AP1 >> AP2.

I remain, however, a big fan of the yacht floor and no center console. 2 correctly-sized metal mesh trays in place for road trips and all stayed where it was supposed to.

There are caveats and trade-offs, of course, but the RWD nature of that car was fantastic due to the still-excellent low center of gravity and the voluminous frunk space, replete with custom luggage for the microwave*.

Good times.

* microwave: the not quite cubical space aft of the full-sized frunk into which one could fit a very well-made piece of luggage Tesla sold specifically for that space. A small cargo net was also available for the aperture as well.

Nicely done, OP - that's quite similar to what I'm looking for to get out of this poor choice I'm currently driving. My first Model S was significantly better in terms of the driving experience, largely due to AP1 >> AP2.

I remain, however, a big fan of the yacht floor and no center console. 2 correctly-sized metal mesh trays in place for road trips and all stayed where it was supposed to.

There are caveats and trade-offs, of course, but the RWD nature of that car was fantastic due to the still-excellent low center of gravity and the voluminous frunk space, replete with custom luggage for the microwave*.

Good times.

* microwave: the not quite cubical space aft of the full-sized frunk into which one could fit a very well-made piece of luggage Tesla sold specifically for that space. A small cargo net was also available for the aperture as well.
What is your current Tesla? Why did you get rid of your original model s? Upgrade?

I am almost jealous that you are getting with such a great price! my gosh, wish if I knew it and I would've waited for little longer.
You will love the car!
Thank you. I've been in the market for a vehicle for a few months now. I actually bought a 2016 Mustang GT performance premium package, that I returned due to a few issues. After that, I decided I was done looking for cars, and would just use my 2004 F150 forever (which I dont mind, just want something more up to date). I live within a mile of a premium store shopping center, which for the life of me, could not figure out why they never had superchargers. I've always joked with my wife saying that if that shopping center installed supercharges, I'd buy a Tesla. Well... the day after I returned the Mustang, my wife sent me a picture of superchargers (12 of them) getting installed at this shopping center (literally 2 miles from my house). So, my search began. I started on Facebook marketplace, and didnt feel comfortable buying out of warranty Model S. So I found a few on the Tesla page, watched the prices drop and missed out on a few great deals that were local in NJ. But these were all missing a few things that I really wanted. So I finally decided to spend a few extra $$ and find what I wanted and pay for shipping. Currently working a few overtime details to pick up that extra charge. Cant wait to take delivery.

So my Model S is scheduled for delivery on Saturday. I emailed my sales adviser and requested to make sure that the vehicle has all charging cables/adapters, the parcel shelf and two keys. His response was that the vehicle only has one key and the standard adapter. I need tips on making sure I leave with 2 keys and the 14-50 adapter so I can charge at home. Those 2 things are, obviously, very important to me. Who do I talk to at the service center to get those things before I leave?

If the car is otherwise what you expected, I would suggest just use the 5-15 adapter for now, and order a 14-50 later.

They really should give you two keys however.

I was very happy with my car, although I paid 20k more. I bought a bunch of stuff like sunshades and an extra MC and adapters from the Tesla site.

So my Model S is scheduled for delivery on Saturday. I emailed my sales adviser and requested to make sure that the vehicle has all charging cables/adapters, the parcel shelf and two keys. His response was that the vehicle only has one key and the standard adapter. I need tips on making sure I leave with 2 keys and the 14-50 adapter so I can charge at home. Those 2 things are, obviously, very important to me. Who do I talk to at the service center to get those things before I leave?

I thought the standard adapter was the 14-50. As far as the extra key fob, we only got one with our third-party purchased car. Always meant to go get another one, but it's been over two years has been enough the whole time. Don't forget you can always unlock and even started with your phone, assuming both car and phone have cell access. Between them, we've never needed more.

Well, I'll find out soon. Delivery bumped up to Friday at 5pm. The SC closes at 6pm so hopefully everyone will want to go home and be a bit more willing to accommodate. If the option presents itself, I'll obviously push harder for the key since it's more expensive to replace.

Took delivery last night in Paramus NJ. My sales associate took me out to the car and I saw that the car didnt have premium audio, center console was removed and had a bunch of damage that was not pictured. Then I figured out that the car he had tried to deliver to me WAS NOT MY CAR. LOL, simple mix up, but they brought mine right out. Car actually looked really good, they cleaned it up very well. Only issues I had were they removed the front window tint and there are some chips in the windshield. They wouldnt do anything for me at the SC about the windshield so I'll follow up with my used sales associate in CA. Car is absolutely a blast to drive. Getting 233 miles at 90% charge. All in all, not a bad experience, just very little communication.

I am glad to hear things went well for you. I am also a recent Tesla MS 85D "CPO" buyer. 27k on the clock, 90% is 240 RM.

I recommend TeslaTap's excellent site and the "Owners manual" there. Also, normal to have some anxiety about range and battery health. With time, it will go away, but I suggest a free two week trial with TeslaFi app.

You might consider just having the chip fixed elsewhere. Every time I put my car car in someone else's hands, there is a risk of things going awry..

Enjoy your car!