Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just realized my scissor jack won't fit under car with my pucks!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that a donut or a full size spare?
It's a compact spare, about 6" across, not the 10+" of a full-size tire.

Here's a pic of mine test-fitted.
IMG_3568.jpg

Cool, so will that actually fit in lower compartment of the trunk?
LOL, no. Given that everyone asks that question, you'd have thunk Elon's engineers would have done everything in their power to have made either the frunk or lower trunk large enough to hold a compact spare. For single motor vehicles, the frunk might have been large enough to hold a spare, but they'd have had to have planned/designed that from the start.

My
So like some others I have purchased a used spare tire (Hyundai Genesis) that I will carry with me on occasion during trips to south Texas. Might never need to use the spare and Tesla service might even have one on hand if I need it - but I like the insurance policy. Anyway I have also purchased a heavy duty scissor jack but I discovered that the pucks I bought 18 months ago (third party) are far too thick to use with the jack. Wondering if I can just use a thinner piece of wood in place of he pucks? Also wondering if now there are some other pucks that are thinner?
my low profile jack are also too low. I have to put wood to clear for tire rotations.

The floor jack that Garlan posted fits in the lower trunk compartment, including the handle. The jack can be placed inside a plastic storage bin to contain any potential fluid leaks. Along with the jack, there is enough room to store a breaker bar, a plug kit, and a 12v air pump.