Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Size Spare Tire - everything I learned after 3 months of research

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If peeps want to look at this from a risk perspective = rearrange this list in order of chance of it happening:

EPA range data not being achieved.
Head on collision effecting sufficent G forces to propel a spare wheel through the back shelf and imjuring the driver.
Having a puncture.

We get speed restrictions imposed on us by the police on certain stretches of road (monitored by cameras) with signs saying: "For the improvement of emissions". You couldn't make it up!

So millions of cars hitting these zones decelerate / change gear / accelerate / take longer to drive that stretch - all to reduce emissions? Hmmm. Sorry, I forgot I was a lemming - I'll just accept it then.

Should EV's be exempt from prosecution then if caught?

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
It is a lot more important to keep the jack from slopping off the frame of the car, since that is a very small contact surface. It can be accomplished securely with a locked in adapter between the jack and the Tesla's jacking socket. This is one example.

View attachment 987554

Many newer scissors jacks like the widely available Torin Big Red have a built in wider base that makes it much more stable.

View attachment 987556

The flat top of the Torin Big Red is easily modified by drilling a small 5/16 inch or 8mm hole to take the adapter.

View attachment 987557
Hey Mike, do you sell the adapters you make? I like to purchase one if so.

We get speed restrictions imposed on us by the police on certain stretches of road (monitored by cameras) with signs saying: "For the improvement of emissions". You couldn't make it up!

Yeah, tax collection activities often masquerade as emission or safety campaigns.

Should EV's be exempt from prosecution then if caught?

Probably not, since EVs do pollute to the extend that the electricity they consume is generated from hydrocarbons.
For the US overall, 60.4% of the electricity is generated from fossil fuels, 18.2% from nuclear, and 21.3% from renewables.

So yeah, our EVs do pollute (at the location of electricity generation, not consumption):

1703004657418.png

HTH,
a