TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Just took delivery last night....Model 3 disappeared from the App!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Insight75, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Insight75

Insight75 Member

So I called Tesla, and they said its normal the night after delivery for my car to disappear from the app. Something about their systems updating. It will come back in a day or 2. So now I have to use the hotel keys to open the doors until it comes back. This sounds strange. Anyone else experience this?

• Informative x 4
  2. diamond.g

diamond.g Active Member

It is normal, from what others have said. It takes time for the delivery center to log the turnover and for access to be restored.

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. Insight75

Insight75 Member

OK. Thanks. That makes me feel better but they really should fix this.

4. Marilyn

Marilyn Member

I just got mine Saturday and the same thing happened. I was informed it takes 24-72 hours to clear all paperwork and transfer items. Mine was back on the app within 8 hours. I did have to log out and back in to the phone app. I agree, they should tell you this at delivery.... I freaked out a little bit : )

• Like x 1
  5. tanner

tanner Active Member

I agree, that's just utterly absurd when you pay $50,000+ for a car and can't use the primary means of entry: your phone. They didn't have this issue with the S/X.

- like you I think the card is a little strange, and would much rather use the keyless option -

• Like x 1
  6. Skidmark

Skidmark Member

I didn't have this issue with mine, but I plan to always carry the key card with me in case.

• Like x 1
  7. DMack

DMack Member

Happened to me with my MS - the app worked when i took delivery, and my car disappeared from my app/account the next morning.
    Everything resolved itself later that afternoon when the car, and the ownership status was updated on my account.

8. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Is Cat

Relax. The righteous indignation is really over done. Use the key card. Won’t kill anybody. And welcome to new tech. If it’s just too new for you, maybe a Kia with an old fashion key?

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 1
  9. SoCalMom

SoCalMom Member

This happened to us today. Took delivery yesterday afternoon and it was missing this morning. Thank goodness I had read this thread already. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like x 1
  10. Insight75

Insight75 Member

I have it back now. Thank God. I was lost without it. You should have it back by tomorrow afternoon.

11. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

#11 dhrivnak, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    I did not have that issue but the maps and firmware would not update. Bummer but the service center ran a Model S to me the next day (300 miles) as they took my car back to fix. So glad to see service is still top notch.

12. realtycoon

realtycoon Member

This just happened to me. Should I call in or does it resolve on its own? Just got the Model 3 yesterday

• Like x 1
  13. cwoernle

cwoernle Member

Can someone provide details about the Tesla app y'alll refer to? Is it provided via Tesla.com? I see there are several Tesla apps in the App Store.
    Am waiting to take delivery of my M3.

14. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

In App Store
    The one that’s red with the white t
    It’s free

15. dhanson865

dhanson865 Active Member

16. SoCalMom

SoCalMom Member

It resolves on its own. It should take a day or so. Congrats on your new 3!!

17. realtycoon

realtycoon Member

Thanks. I ended up calling in and they fixed it right away.

18. cwoernle

cwoernle Member

Thanks! I'll check the Apple App Store.

19. quantumslip

quantumslip Member

Really, this is your reply and retort? The Model 3 is supposed to be the mainstream car, and when Tesla advertises the phone as the main method of entry, the last thing you should experience is to have the car disappear from the app. At the very least they should be up front about it and call it a part of the on-boarding process. In reality the car, once it shows up in your account, shouldn't disappear again.

Attitude like yours are just going to give others reasons to hate upon Tesla. Please let's not turn this into another Juicero.

• Like x 1
  20. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Is Cat

Yes, drama much? I use my phone every day and with the odd exception it works great. On those odd occasions it has a hiccup, I manage to survive with all limbs in tact and use the keycard. Surprisingly nobody dies. Who knew? :rolleyes:

• Disagree x 2