Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just took X delivery and windshield washers not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my X90D in Paramus NJ. I used the delivery checklist but neglected to check if the windshield washers work. Low and behold, try it just a few hours later and the washers are non functional. I pushed the button in all the way until I felt the 2nd click and even hear the washer motor, but no spray. I topped off washer fluid and still not working. I've left phone and email messages at the service center (now closed on Sunday). Very disappointed for an other wise flawless car.

Quick update: it was a quick 10 minute fix in the service center. Apparently the line hose from the washer fluid tank was kinked. They just had to unkink it and it's flowing fine right now. I tried not to make a stink about the fact that I just took delivery why wasn't this checked ahead of time.

Reactions: DiamondHands
I'm currently driving a marketing P100D, the washer's are completely aweful! It cleans about 1/3 of the driver's side, leaving the part you actually look thru dirty and smeared. I used a gallon of fluid in 200 miles trying to get some residual fluid from the passenger's side (which works great, btw) onto my side every time I needed to clean the window due to traffic. I stopped and looked at the lines and unless it's down under the cowling, I don't see any kinks or such. It does flow some, but not nearly enough to be useful.

I'm currently driving a marketing P100D, the washer's are completely aweful! It cleans about 1/3 of the driver's side, leaving the part you actually look thru dirty and smeared. I used a gallon of fluid in 200 miles trying to get some residual fluid from the passenger's side (which works great, btw) onto my side every time I needed to clean the window due to traffic. I stopped and looked at the lines and unless it's down under the cowling, I don't see any kinks or such. It does flow some, but not nearly enough to be useful.
The lines are indeed under the lining. Try having the SC take a look at it. Shouldn't take more than 10 min.

I was going to add to look at the hose. On our ICE recently, the washer stopped working. I could hear it activating, but no fluid out the sprayer in the hood. Upon opening the hood, I found the entire top of the engine was covered in windshield wiper fluid (a lot of it.. lol). In my case, Mopar updated the design of the sprayers so that the hose has more plastic to connect to so now that problem is fixed.

This is a ridiculous situation ..My washers have never worked right ..Too little fluid and not in the right places ..Got my "X" in the winter and when Spring arrives , I will have a serious look at revising something ..Can't believe they didn't spend a little more time on an important system ...Very annoying ...Gorgeous windshield that you can't see through .

Reactions: NerdDoc