Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

K-MTG (Captain Sunshade) - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got some photos in, I had trouble uploading it to the forum so I uploaded it to my old Wordpress site: Tesla Model X - Photos

Issues I noticed so far:

1. The tint messed up the front driver & passenger door calibration, the service center does not have an appointment available for 3 weeks! Seriously!! Can I just take my car and walk-in, it should be a 4 minute process?

2. The passenger FWD is slightly out of alignment and seals are popping out, no functionality issues.

3. Heard some rattling noise in the trunk at highway speeds, not sure what the issue is but I took out the license plate bracket hopefully that will solve the issues.

4. Is there suppose to be a cable under the drivers seat?

I will be posting more photos and videos down the line.

The tint is 10% everywhere except for the front driver and passenger which is 30%. It is ceramic

Is that where it is suppose to go, don't think the cable is long enough to do that

Much better than my X in term of quality control. Still some misalignments here and there but very minor. Your X condition is pretty much in my comfort zone now. Enjoy the car buddy. I will keep my eyes on black model X every time i go to irvine, like twice a week to 99 ranch market! lol!

BTW, there is a Red with black wheel Model X i saw in the 99 ranch market parking lot as well. Love the combination. Might choose red/black over pearl white/black wheel. What you think I should get for the replacement X?

@K-MTG did you notice your drivers side mirror is rubbing up against the chrome strip in front of it?

Attachments

• 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 110
Much better than my X in term of quality control. Still some misalignments here and there but very minor. Your X condition is pretty much in my comfort zone now. Enjoy the car buddy. I will keep my eyes on black model X every time i go to irvine, like twice a week to 99 ranch market! lol!

BTW, there is a Red with black wheel Model X i saw in the 99 ranch market parking lot as well. Love the combination. Might choose red/black over pearl white/black wheel. What you think I should get for the replacement X?

If I could chime in, red seems to be more befitting of a ludicrous X. It certainly will get alot more attention though if you are ok with that. Looks hot! Though midnight silver and black blends with the plastic trim better and his the perceived heft.

image.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: SSD420
I got some photos in, I had trouble uploading it to the forum so I uploaded it to my old Wordpress site: Tesla Model X - Photos

Issues I noticed so far:

1. The tint messed up the front driver & passenger door calibration, the service center does not have an appointment available for 3 weeks! Seriously!! Can I just take my car and walk-in, it should be a 4 minute process?

2. The passenger FWD is slightly out of alignment and seals are popping out, no functionality issues.

3. Heard some rattling noise in the trunk at highway speeds, not sure what the issue is but I took out the license plate bracket hopefully that will solve the issues.

The tint is 10% everywhere except for the front driver and passenger which is 30%. It is ceramic

Very frustrated to see X still has misalignment issues after all those QC.

Reactions: Diavel

Issues I noticed so far:

Thank you got the great photos!

If I could chime in, red seems to be more befitting of a ludicrous X. It certainly will get alot more attention though if you are ok with that. Looks hot! Though midnight silver and black blends with the plastic trim better and his the perceived heft.

View attachment 177568

I am more interested in bright red, don't really like the maroon red that is exclusive to signature. Bright red with black wheel with white interior, Performance 90 kW battery with ludicrous. Damn sounds amazing. I might really go for this set up rather than my current white on white on silver 22. Too boring plus I developed a symtoms where every time I see my white X, I feel something is going wrong. Red gives me a fresh start. : )

Reactions: Diavel and SSD420

Overall it is very good! Your replacement X should be perfect. I personally prefer dark colors and light interiors.

@K-MTG did you notice your drivers side mirror is rubbing up against the chrome strip in front of it?

Perhaps it is the photo angle, I didn't notice any issue with it

This rattling noise is very annoying at highway speeds, anyone else have a similar issue? I think it is coming from the rear hatch but I can't identify the source. (TURN UP THE VOLUME)

Sorry bud, out of all my problems with my X, this is not one of them. Did you check the truck area to see any loose items or maybe a hidden sunshade is rattling in the back?