Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

K-MTG (Captain Sunshade) - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to confess/admit, I drove without my sunshade today and the windshield is rather nice when its cloudy as it was today in the O.C. Obviously on sunny days I prefer a solid sunshade or else it feels as if one is driving into the sun. Why doesn't Tesla implement electrochroamatic tint, it was on the Lucid Air vehicle I got to check out earlier this month.

You've been missing a lot Captain. (But I do use sunshade most of the time as well in SF area)
IMG_2361.JPG IMG_2384.JPG

Reactions: K-MTG
I have to confess/admit, I drove without my sunshade today and the windshield is rather nice when its cloudy as it was today in the O.C. Obviously on sunny days I prefer a solid sunshade or else it feels as if one is driving into the sun. Why doesn't Tesla implement electrochroamatic tint, it was on the Lucid Air vehicle I got to check out earlier this month.
Does the driver's side mirror have a electrochromatic tint? I know its auto-dimming.

If so, it might mean that someday the whole top windshield can be made auto-dimming.
pockaz8.png

Heh, I totally forgot that the sunshade even exists until this thread popped up again. And I don't know where mine is. Probably in the attic.

I put mine in a cabinet in the garage. So it will go with the X on sale or trade. I came 6 months after delivery, I didn't have an issue over last summer, and still don't. However, I do understand that others may have a differing sensitivity to sunlight.

Just got my car back from the SC for the annual inspection + detail + latch replacement + rumbling sound. They fixed the rumbling sound and also replaced the latches even though I didn't have any door issues. But unfortunately I do now....

On some instances when I close the passenger door and immediately shift to drive, the car states the door is open (even when it isn't) and after 10-15 seconds the door makes a rumbling noise and the alert goes away. Any recommendations on resolve this? Perhaps former door captain @ModelXBoy can provide some advice??

Thanks