Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kagu Rubber floor mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've only been using ours for a few weeks now but both of us really like these mats (L1TL00001509--front and back set).

BTW Auto Anything, that nycmike posted about yesterday, is today having a 38th Anniversary Sale thru 5/8 (which includes the 3D Maxpider brand products) and with code CELEBRATE you get 22% off everything and free shipping. Their pricing on the same exact mats we ordered thru Amazon for our car (mats listed for 2016 Tesla S--even though we have a 2017 refresh) was the same base price we paid, so the additional $52 savings during this sale is quite nice.

Thanks - just ordered! They're currently running a 15% off special on the Maxspider mats which was causing some sort of conflict since the cart wouldn't let me apply the 22% off coupon, so I ended up asking for help over Live Chat. The gentleman who helped me was nice enough to give me a total of 25% off the order for the trouble, which came out to $193.10, including tax here in CA. Small world - he has family in DB and visits there often, so we had a common bond :p

Reactions: SMAlset
Glad to help out. Last day to take advantage of AutoAnything.com's 38th Anniversary Sale and get the 22% off on these (again Code: CELEBRATE).

Off topic but noticed they had the ROLA Large trunk organizer on sale as well (only 20% off on this brand during the sale but lowest price I've seen at 51.99) and ordered a second one for our car/s. Highly recommend this product if you are looking for a cargo organizer.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TeamC and OBX John
I am interested in these mats. It looks like the lightest color is tan which appears darker than my cream interior (red exterior). Does anyone have that color combo with the tan mats. Are you happy with the look?

Update: I ended up ordering the black mats and the look great with the cream interior. There is enough black in the interior on the doors to accent the mats really well.

If you can post a few photos I'm sure people would like to see the look with the cream interior.

Sure. Here are a few:
IMG_0548.JPG
IMG_0549.JPG
IMG_0549.JPG
IMG_0550.JPG
IMG_0551.JPG

I like the way the mats accent the interior black trim.

Reactions: MarkKW and SMAlset
Thanks for the photos! I like the black mats there too. I've never seen a cream interior Tesla before and had no idea the carpeting was cream as well. Have to say the black looks good with the enough of the other parts of the black interior that it doesn't stand out as being odd.

Kagu owners....how do you clean your mats? I have been using Adam's Interior Detailing spray, which make them look great, but the mats tend to get pretty slippery after I clean them which can be sorta dangerous by the brake and accelerator pedals. They tend to collect dust and dirt easily....

Kagu owners....how do you clean your mats? I have been using Adam's Interior Detailing spray, which make them look great, but the mats tend to get pretty slippery after I clean them which can be sorta dangerous by the brake and accelerator pedals. They tend to collect dust and dirt easily....

Most of the time all I do is power wash them when I wash the rest of my car. Usually a good blast of water does the trick but if not I hit them with car wash soap then the power rinse.

Can anyone who's been through a proper winter with these mats weigh in on the following...?

I'm a tad concerned that the lack of partitions/dividers in the middle of these mats would lead to snow melt pooling up and then sloshing around during driving.

Is there anything to this concern? Or am I overestimating how much snow actually gets tracked onto a car's floor liner?

You're overestimating how much water is in what's tracked in.

However, I can tell you that spilling an entire 32oz drink on to the mat, the mat won't contain the whole drink and it will slosh around. It contained probably at least half of it and I was able to empty it out on to the sidewalk - it didn't leak or anything, but the sidewalls were a bit low to contain that much liquid.

• Informative
Reactions: TeamC and jsmay311
I went with the Maxpider Kagu rubber mats in tan for my 2019 S with cream interior. The biggest factor for me was that the driver’s floor mat had to cover the inexplicably missing dead pedal, can’t believe that area was covered only with the floor carpet. The mats fit great in the 2019. The color is ok, doesn’t match the ‘cream’ carpet but I’m pretty happy with these overall.

3D MAXpider Complete Set Custom Fit All-Weather Floor Mat for Select Tesla Model S Models - Kagu Rubber (Tan)

Anyway adding some pics since I couldn’t find any examples of this color combo.

3F7347F2-BCDD-4A6C-8BEA-CDB218F2F36B.jpeg
B25087C1-3CD6-419C-9FE0-1479339A661A.jpeg
8E22E921-9071-4C06-B5F2-9BBA16123C81.jpeg

I went with the Maxpider Kagu rubber mats in tan for my 2019 S with cream interior. The biggest factor for me was that the driver’s floor mat had to cover the inexplicably missing dead pedal, can’t believe that area was covered only with the floor carpet. The mats fit great in the 2019. The color is ok, doesn’t match the ‘cream’ carpet but I’m pretty happy with these overall.

3D MAXpider Complete Set Custom Fit All-Weather Floor Mat for Select Tesla Model S Models - Kagu Rubber (Tan)

Anyway adding some pics since I couldn’t find any examples of this color combo.

View attachment 449324 View attachment 449325 View attachment 449326

Thanks for the pictures! Have the same interior and having a tough time deciding on black vs tan. I'm liking the look but my wife likes the black. How does it hold up as far as attracting dirt?

Also, would you do the same thing again or go with black?