Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When would you like to go?

• Spring - late May when flowers bloom

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Summer - late August when it is less hot than further south

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Fall - early October for Fall foliage

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gwgan

Almost a wagon
Aug 11, 2013
Maine
Now that the Medway Supercharger is online I would like to plan unofficial Tesla Rally along the Katahdin Woods and Waters Scenic Byway (rt 11).

Basic idea: drive from the Medway SC to the north end of the byway, about 60 miles, and back if that is not too long. I will make a scout trip soon any local knowledge is welcome. Once in the area participants can extend their visit to the south end of the byway, the park, and experience local outdoor adventures. The byway road is paved but there is a dirt loop road around the mountain in the national park for those who would like to continue on. Dinner near the South Gate at the end of the day.

Step 1. When can most people go?
A. Spring, Memorial Day weekend late enough in May to not risk snow and when flowers start to show.
B. Summer, late August when it is hot, green, and the weather is usually calm.
C. Fall, Indigenous People’s Day (10/12/20) weekend when colors are at or near peak. Weather is unpredictable.

Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)
Welcome - Katahdin Woods & Waters Scenic Byway (OFFICIAL WEBSITE)

If you would like to help plan please message me.

If approaching Medway from the south along the coast a visit to the top of the Penobscot Narrows Bridge is worth a stop.

Penobscot Narrows Bridge & Observatory & Fort Knox

This VR does not do it justice.

ThingLink

Don’t forget to vote!

Oh wow, I'll definitely put that on my list to visit, I love bridges and old forts.
Lots of fun exploring around that VR, somehow I ended up inside the bridge where the cables terminate!

• Love
Reactions: tinkererguy
Getting ready to plan for Fall foliage trip October 2020. Weekend of 10-11-12 with Indiginous People’s Day on Monday. Which day will depend on a survey of participants travel needs.
Will make a scout trip as soon as the frost heaves settle down and that could be very soon if this premature warming continues.

Last edited:
Getting ready to plan for Fall foliage trip October 2020. Weekend of 10-11-12 with Indiginous People’s Day on Monday. Which day will depend on a survey of participants travel needs.
Will make a scout trip as soon as the frost heaves settle down and that could be very soon if this premature warming continues.

What's the charging infrastructure like up there?

Supercharger at Medway (circled) is the key and will be the start and finish. Can get there from all directions now. Will be talking about destination chargers with an area hotel where I hope to have dinner meetup and people may stay overnight before and or after.
C0CB3244-55B9-4273-B7BA-820AD1C90ABC.jpeg

Reactions: EdA