Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keeping up with the big boys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for posting!

Dumb question, but does the camera have something funky going on with it that makes it look like you're driving with an Xbox controller? When I did HPDE days, I was always trying to be as smooth as possible on the steering inputs, but the video here makes it look like "FULL RIGHT... Center.. FULL RIGHT... Center... FULL RIGHT..." like you would do with a joystick. What's weird is that the little force-o-meter ball also makes it look like that too, so then I'm thinking it's the rig that's wobbling inside the car or something?

I highly doubt you're THAT jerky on the steering wheel.

Thanks for posting!

Dumb question, but does the camera have something funky going on with it that makes it look like you're driving with an Xbox controller? When I did HPDE days, I was always trying to be as smooth as possible on the steering inputs, but the video here makes it look like "FULL RIGHT... Center.. FULL RIGHT... Center... FULL RIGHT..." like you would do with a joystick. What's weird is that the little force-o-meter ball also makes it look like that too, so then I'm thinking it's the rig that's wobbling inside the car or something?

I highly doubt you're THAT jerky on the steering wheel.

The app that I am using for recording does not disable the Samsung S10 OIS. So the video is with OIS on and is causing all the jerkiness that you see. I didn't have problem with my old S8 phone since the app has an option to disable that specifically for S8. I'll probably switch back to S8 for recording or see if they will update to include the option for S10.

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Ah that's cool. Are they hypercar guys in their own group actually faster than the other groups? I usually run with NCRC and Lotus Club and occasionally with HOD, and most of the supercar drivers I see have been pretty slow. But I've heard there are some good drivers that do HPDE with McLarens and stuff, so maybe it makes sense they mostly run either private events or exclusive groups?

What tires? RE71?

Last edited:
Ah that's cool. Are they hypercar guys in their own group actually faster than the other groups? I usually run with NCRC and Lotus Club and occasionally with HOD, and most of the supercar drivers I see have been pretty slow. But I've heard there are some good drivers that do HPDE with McLarens and stuff, so maybe it makes sense they mostly run either private events or exclusive groups?

What tires? RE71?

A lot of the hyper cars have private events and exclusive groups. Driver skills varies. I once saw a McLaren run group at Sonoma where 2 Sennas,1 P1, and countless 720s and LTs were just having a blast.

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Thought this was an interesting article about a M3P winning after a Porsche Taycan Turbo S was thrown into the mix of a Grand Prix series race in Japan. Looks like even the Taycan is prone to experiencing power loss. Kinda funny considering how much Porsche has bragged about their Taycans not having this kind of issue.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC