Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keeping your wheels safe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's wheels especially the 21" are very expensive. And they are easy to steal.

I did some research and found this amazing lock that fits atleast the 19" wheels .. I think it should fit a 21" wheel also, but not sure. I am going to get 5 of these, and lock every wheel down. Normal wheel locks can be easily broken into, but these cannot be, and 5 of them - and your wheels are probably absolutely safe.

Anyway this is the lock. Amazon says it doesn't fit Tesla, but it does.

Just wondering if anyone has tried any alternatives? Or any other thoughts on how to keep your wheels safe/not stolen etc.
If anything, I would think theives setting your car on cinder blocks might even damage the battery. So this protection is a must IMO.

Those are the spinners? yeah, those can be taken off in minutes too. There was a thread about it elsewhere.
Locks are to prevent honest people or lazy thief's from getting your wheels.

Hmm didn't realize spinners were easy to remove too. But 5 of them may be enough inconvenience.
Is there no way to keep wheels safe?

Amazon may not think the wheel locks fit your Model S, but they have both engine parts and spark plugs that fit my Tesla Roadster!

Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 7.18.36 PM.png

You know, I thought this was just a myth. I've never heard of someone having their wheels stolen up here, but a quick web search proved me wrong. What do thieves do with car wheels?

Do not buy the Gorilla locks. They do not fit and in my case damaged the threads and caused the rotors to get warped because the wheel wasn't on solidly. In my case I was lucky, as the service center installed them for me, so Tesla covered my repair. I posted it I'm anothe thread. I'd i can find it I'll add it here.

• Informative
Reactions: FutureShock