Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keeps Going To Sleep - 2020.12.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jeremymc7

Feb 3, 2013
U.S.
So ever since I got 2020.12.5 the car keeps going to sleep and most times I go out to use the car it takes several minutes for the screen to come on.

I can put the car into drive but the turn signals won't work. Oddly when the screen come on it remembers I triggered the turn signal and turns them on, even though I don't need them anymore.

Not having navigation, radio, etc is more of a nuisance.

This never occurred for me prior to this release. I have tried soft and hard reboots to no avail.

So ever since I got 2020.12.5 the car keeps going to sleep and most times I go out to use the car it takes several minutes for the screen to come on.

I can put the car into drive but the turn signals won't work. Oddly when the screen come on it remembers I triggered the turn signal and turns them on, even though I don't need them anymore.

Not having navigation, radio, etc is more of a nuisance.

This never occurred for me prior to this release. I have tried soft and hard reboots to no avail.
I have the same issue. I’ll come up to the car for the first drive of the day and Lo and behold the mcu isn’t coming on. Car can go into forward or reverse but no screen, steering wheel setting are for easy entry, etc. It’s fixed once I do a soft reboot but annoying at best... definitely not an issue when the care came brand new in March with 2019.35.108.

After 2020.12.5, mine is showing similar behavior. It is now taking 10-15 seconds for the screen to come on after I get into the car. All the while, my seat is stuck in easy entry mode. I also got locked out of the screen after putting it in cleaning mode. Had to reboot to get it back.