Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kenriko Chrome Delete Kit: Show off your tips and pictures here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my kit today and can’t wait to install it! Couple of quick questions: is there a recommended clay bar that someone has bought on amazon and can recommend? Also, my wife’s hair dryer gets pretty hot and I used that on my center console to get out a few wrinkles so I assume that will be ok instead of a heat gun?

This will work for clay $14: https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-07240-California-Gold-System/dp/B07NMWG6YQ

Hair Dryer will work but not all of them can get up to a higher temperature (180 degrees).

I finally had the time to install the chrome delete last weekend on my white Model 3 and overall, I'm incredibly happy with the results. I've made a few small mistakes along the way, particularly with the mirror but luckily, Kenriko included backups. It took me a total of about 7-8 hours but I attributed that to me being very meticulous, but also because of the fact that I tried installing this in Texas heat which made everything 2x more difficult.

Someone recommended installing the window "V" piece by aligning it from the middle first, which I agree is a little bit easier. Anyways, here are the results!

IMG_0131.jpeg

IMG_0133.jpeg

IMG_0135.jpeg

IMG_0142.jpeg

Last edited:
I got a ceramic coating on my car about a year ago. The person put the coating on the chrome. Do you guys know if the chrome delete will still stick on top of the chrome? Any tips?

I had ceramic coating on my trim as well and didn’t do anything special. Probably the reason why I didn’t even have to clay. Coating and weekly washes kept any contaminants from being embedded.

Shipping Update: if you’ve recently purchased from our site and do not have a shipping notification yet all shipments are delayed until Monday.

We’re located in Houston and had severe flooding. Our house flooded and all routes to our office are underwater (literally) so there’s no way for us to ship anything until the waters receded.

Installed my matrix black this weekend. I'm pretty happy with the results, I can't imagine how the pros do this without a precut kit!

Handles - Easy. Great confidence booster!

Cameras - Messed up the first one. Aligning the top first, then working out from the center of the black plastic/chrome seam, then applying heat worked great though on the next two.

Mirrors - These turned out great. I messed up one of them by not fully covering a very small section of the upper section that is visible when the mirrors are folded in. Instead of redoing it I just cut out a little piece of wrap and covered up the visible chrome section. I also messed up one of the mirror bottoms by not putting overlap on the first edge. That created too much exposed chrome on mirror side edge. It was no problem on my second attempt.

Door trim - These pieces seems a hair short. The first once I did I applied some heat to stretch it, big mistake! That narrowed it a little bit and I had to fight with it to make it wide enough to overlap the top and bottom. It looks ok but I may decide to request another piece. All the other piece turned out well though getting the exact right amount of overlap is tricky. Some places I don't have quite enough overlap for to wrap cleanly around the top edge. It's only noticeable when looking very closely.
On the rear triangle I aligned it on the seam closest to the window all the way around. This resulted in the corner being rotated slightly down. I was able to stretch it up a little bit with heat and it turned out looking good. I think going from the center out as mentioned above might be better.

Great kit!
8DVrKdoZS6OWWh3+MP5eCg.jpg