Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key card required despite my phone being available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had it happen twice, and both times at the same location, oddly at store in a strip mall next to the Tesla dealer. The first time it happened, I got out my key card and it didn't work either, which I later attributed to unknowingly holding it in the wrong place on the pillar. I wound up using the app to unlock the car. I chalk it up to a bluetooth glitch.

Upvote 0
I have lived with MONTHS of hit and miss connectivity with my phone. I have deleted all phones/cards and started over multiple times. It’s annoying when you have to unbuckle the seatbelt and get my wallet out of my back pocket. So I now hold my phone and wallet in my hand when I enter the car. It’s to the point I’m thinking of ditching the whole phone thing and buying a fob.

Upvote 0
Thanks. how frequently do you think this will be required?
It does seem to happen fairly frequently with my wife's IPhone. I thinks it's the 12. A couple times a month. Less often or maybe never with my Samsung I cannot recall. Turn bt off/on or unlock with the app seems to work. A great idea to always have the keycard with you as backup you never know...

Upvote 0