Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key Fob + Key Band

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super secure. I have a tag hanging from it and I often carry the keys by holding the tag and it never even moves.
I’ve had it fly out of my pocket while running and my cats occasionally steal it and play catch with it and The key just won’t move.

Attachments

• 7D37C1B9-A20E-43C0-A1ED-7BFEE59DCB29.jpeg
    7D37C1B9-A20E-43C0-A1ED-7BFEE59DCB29.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 201
Mine seems to stay put pretty firmly (for now), but it seems to me to be a tiny bit loose until it settles in, after which it feels like it's stuck to the fob.

They don't seem like they'll last forever though, and it's a pretty high asking price.

That said, I did buy a cheaper thing from Amazon and it was nasty cheap thin rubber, so I wouldn't recommend that alternative.

How secure is the Key Fob when it's in the Key Band? The rubber band wraps around the key. Is it prone to shifting around or even falling out? Anyone with experience?

Ever consider the RFD ring for your hand. They’re third party but made from official Tesla RFD chip repurposed embedded into the ring. One less thing to carry around.

VHB style tape between the band and the key at the bottom for me, needs replacing about once a year. Yes it's a rubbish design, but the alternatives all look like gimp masks to me.
Right... it's a bit of an odd argument to say oh stop complaining you can buy dozens of fake ones that aren't made by Tesla online.... vs. Tesla actually making a keychain that actually makes sense and secures the key.

On mine it gets sloppy after about 6-8 months. I have a "stack" of replacement originals. I ordered 2 spare but Tesla EMEA shop sent me a bunch of wrong items and then replaced them - during replacement they resent the another 2 spares by mistake - but never collected the extras despite being advised to.

To me, the Tesla rubber band is not a good design - it and almost caused.me to loose.my fob a weeks back. I was pretty horrified when I pulled my keyring out of my pocket and saw it missing
It is 100% a rubbish and flawed design, replacing them after a few months and worrying about losing your key is not what a key fob holder is about, much better to buy a full enclosure from ebay/amazon!

Agreed. There are some very nice ones out there if you look through the hundreds of different ones available.

I prefer the hard case designs over the rubber ones. They just last longer. Some can be quite minimal and clean.