Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

KW V3 coilovers for Tesla Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Just found out that KW has officially released their KW V3 coilover kit for Model Y in Germany and they are taking orders for US customers as well. I placed an order and its a 10 week wait! Will keep everyone posted as the kit arrives.
You might want to wait for a US vendor to stock them. You don't want to deal with issues and have to deal with overseas shipping. If you absolutely must have coils now get the MPP private label ones or even better the Ohlins. For KW, I'd prefer a relationship with a US shop especially one whose taken their rebuild classes so I have a local place to send them back for rebuilds.

• Helpful
Reactions: Notadog and tm1v2
You might want to wait for a US vendor to stock them. You don't want to deal with issues and have to deal with overseas shipping. If you absolutely must have coils now get the MPP private label ones or even better the Ohlins. For KW, I'd prefer a relationship with a US shop especially one whose taken their rebuild classes so I have a local place to send them back for rebuilds.
Hi,

I have been in touch with North America KW representative and he was able to get these for me and will come with full support from KW North America for warranty issues, if any.

Here’s the link

This was on my Christmas list to purchase the MPP to be installed in spring. I am keen to find out how much different it is from the MPP version. It seems like KW is using just about all the same components that come with the MPP kit already.

I'd also like to know the differences between the KW and MPP versions.

If they're anything like the Model 3 sets, they'll be slightly different from each other, notably the springs. Not saying one is better than the other, just that they're more different than just blue vs yellow/purple.

Reactions: whisperingshad
Was waiting for someone to finally bring these up.

We've got 10 sets inbound, should be arriving just after Xmas. Anyone with questions or looking for a set, PM me.

KW is located in California (Clovis, CA) and can rebuild if necessary. We've done this a few times with Clubsport setups on BMW platforms. Otherwise, PSI in Sonoma comes highly recommended.

Reactions: thesmokingman
Do you think you guys will ever take their course for rebuilds? That could open up a whole market in socal?

We feel we know suspension pretty well and still source rebuilds out - rebuild time is anywhere to a 1-2 weeks. Suspension rebuilds are really a specialized field with special tools, shock dyno, etc. required.

Last edited:
Sure: Shop - Produkte online bestellen

Summary: front & back 25-50 mm lower, both tension and compression are adjustable, material: stainless steel. For AWD LR, but not for P and SR. They are progressive springs, as opposed to linear OEM springs. Production begins in => 8 weeks

Sounds promising. 🤩
I think Tom @ eas might want to address this statement.