Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lasfit Product Reviews

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you explain the concept? I get that they prevent your wheel from getting curb rash, but don't these get curb rashed themselves?
Exactly. The downside is that a lot of the nice covers like these and the Rimetrix are not really all that cheap to be considered consumables. But they're certainly cheaper than either professionally refinished or new wheels.

Remember a Sharpie Extreme is the cheapest first step
1691592977498.png

It’s my goto with the MYP ubers
With the M3 19” sports, rhe Uber covers are doing rhe work

Long term with the MYP, I will install my AlloyGators but the family keeps hitting the curbs and fear the AGs will just fall off on impact
Then I’ll switch to the Rimcases
The RCs came out after I purchased rhe UGs

Posted a new video of some Lasfit mats I recently got. I have to say, I dig them! Ive used many other brands, and so far, these seem to be the winner in fitment, etc.

Whats your favorite mat set for the Model Y? Im voting Lasfit now, retiring from 3D Maxpider!

• Love
Reactions: LASFIT
Posted a new video of some Lasfit mats I recently got. I have to say, I dig them! Ive used many other brands, and so far, these seem to be the winner in fitment, etc.

Whats your favorite mat set for the Model Y? Im voting Lasfit now, retiring from 3D Maxpider!

by far they are my favorite as well. wife wanted me to get a pair of the ones from tesla's store but I asked a friend and he got the lasfit ones and so far I am really enjoying them. my kid for whatever reason has shoes that attracts a lot of dirt and if I kept the factory ones in there I'd be spending each night vacuuming them.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
After spending too much time in the megathread on these type of covers, I just ordered these last week and put them on over the weekend. Everything about these has been great: well packaged, solid construction, perfect fit, and give the 3 a bit of distinction. Haven't noticed any significant difference in efficiency either.

Thank you LASFIT for the opportunity to try the second row seats back cover mats for my MY.

This is my first time using a LASFIT product, but am extremely impressed with the quality and functionality. Upon opening the package, I see that it comes with 3 pieces total, all with velcro surrounding the back side for a snug and secure installation. Because these are not folded up for shipping like floor mats usually are, they are ready to install right out of the box, and there are no creases from packaging.

The install is super easy, as the pieces all fit into place like it was designed and the velcro helps it attach security to the back of the seats. The cutouts for the hooks and handle on the back of the seat fit perfectly from edge to edge, so no need for any extra trimming. Once installed, I was able to fold the second row seats up and down with ease, and it does not affect the seats at all.

I have always wanted one of these for the functionality, because it makes it easy to clean. Having 2 dogs that ride in the car from time to time, it also saves me from having their fur collect on the back of the seats; this makes it easier for me to simply vacuum and wipe down. I'm also not worried about larger cargo scuffing up the carpeting on the back for when my seats are folded down.

TLDR: high quality product that is very easy to install for protection, durability, and ease of cleaning. Highly recommended.

Shipping was extremely quick and it came professionally packaged in a box and protective bag:
IMG_2117.jpeg

First piece installed. Notice how it fits perfectly around the hooks and handle:
IMG_2121.jpeg

All 3 pieces installed:
IMG_2120.jpeg

IMG_2125.jpeg

IMG_2124.jpeg

by far they are my favorite as well. wife wanted me to get a pair of the ones from tesla's store but I asked a friend and he got the lasfit ones and so far I am really enjoying them. my kid for whatever reason has shoes that attracts a lot of dirt and if I kept the factory ones in there I'd be spending each night vacuuming them.
100% same deal here!

Shoutout to @LASFIT for a stellar product! Keeping Tesla's looking legit! Thanks you all!

Here is my review of the LASFIT wheel covers and how they compare to the Rimetrix Laminar wheel covers for the Model Y. I’ve been running the Rimetrix Laminars for the past year and just received the LASFIT wheel covers to review.

Disclaimer: LASFIT provided the wheel covers to me for review, but these opinions are my own.

Product Overview:
The wheel covers I reviewed are for the 2020 - 2023 Model Y with 19” Gemini wheels. The color is stated as matte black, but more on that later. The wheel covers come packaged very well in a box with “Made in China” stickers covering multiple sides. Each wheel cover is in it’s own separate box surrounded in 3 layers of different protective wrap. These wheel covers will not be damaged in transport, the amount of protective packaging for each wheel is almost absurd. Inside each wheel cover box you’ll find the foam tape that needs to be installed around the circumference of the wheel cover.

IMG_6595.jpeg

For those of you who like weights:
OEM Gemini: 1.12 lbs
Rimetrix: 1.13 lbs
LASFIT: 1.16 lbs

Price:
Rimetrix Laminar: $259
LASFIT: $199

Looks:
Below you’ll see a comparison of the OEM Tesla Gemini, LASTFIT, and Rimetrix Laminar wheel covers (left to right). The LASFIT is definitely more turbine inspired then the straight lined Rimetrix Laminar. I’ve always been a fan of the looks of the Rimetrix Laminars, but the LASFIT are good looking and what you prefer will be more of a personal preference then anything else.

IMG_6599.jpeg

The color of the LASFIT’s is stated as matte black. But when comparing them side-by-side, they appear to be more of a dark grey or lighter black compared to the deep black of the Rimetrix. While installed on the car though, they do appear black.

IMG_6607.jpeg

Rimetrix Laminar
LASFIT
IMG_6589.jpeg
IMG_6627.jpeg
IMG_6588.jpeg
IMG_6624.jpeg

Note: Neither the Rimetrix or LASFIT wheel covers come with the Tesla logo on the center caps. These can be purchased from Amazon.

Installation:
Both install and remove similar to the OEM Gemini wheel covers. But, the ease of installation is what really separates the LASFIT from the Rimetrix.

Rimetrix:
The wheel cover is two parts, the wheel cover and a center cap. You install the wheel cover by snapping it on the Gemini wheel. You then install the center cap to lock it all in place. The issue is the center cap is difficult to remove. The instructions Rimetrix give makes it seem like you can use a plastic pry tool, but you can’t. You need to take a small flat head screw driver and pry up the center cap working your way around until it comes loose. This of course leaves gouges in the center cap and wheel cover, no matter how gentle you are.
The other issue is if you ever get a flat, you won’t be able to remove the wheel cover to access the lug nuts unless you have something to pry that center cap off with. This to me has always been a major con of the Rimetrix wheels.

IMG_6612.jpeg

LASFIT:
The LASFIT wheel covers are one piece, wheel cover and center cap similar to the OEM Gemini wheel covers. You just snap them on to the Gemini wheels, to remove you just pull and they come off.
IMG_6596.jpeg
IMG_6597.jpeg

Summary:
The Rimetrix Laminars have held up well over the past year. But, based on the price and ease of installation, the LASFIT wheel covers would be my recommendation. The only con I have with the LASFIT’s is the fact that you have to install the foam tape on each wheel cover. The Rimetrix is the same way, I just wish they came preinstalled. The Rimetrix Laminars are one of the original Model Y wheel covers, but the design incorporating a separate center cap is unnecessary and makes the installation and removal difficult. That is a major design issue, along with the higher price, it would be difficult to recommend them over the LASFIT wheel covers.

Thank you LASFIT for the opportunity to try the second row seats back cover mats for my MY.

This is my first time using a LASFIT product, but am extremely impressed with the quality and functionality. Upon opening the package, I see that it comes with 3 pieces total, all with velcro surrounding the back side for a snug and secure installation. Because these are not folded up for shipping like floor mats usually are, they are ready to install right out of the box, and there are no creases from packaging.

The install is super easy, as the pieces all fit into place like it was designed and the velcro helps it attach security to the back of the seats. The cutouts for the hooks and handle on the back of the seat fit perfectly from edge to edge, so no need for any extra trimming. Once installed, I was able to fold the second row seats up and down with ease, and it does not affect the seats at all.

I have always wanted one of these for the functionality, because it makes it easy to clean. Having 2 dogs that ride in the car from time to time, it also saves me from having their fur collect on the back of the seats; this makes it easier for me to simply vacuum and wipe down. I'm also not worried about larger cargo scuffing up the carpeting on the back for when my seats are folded down.

TLDR: high quality product that is very easy to install for protection, durability, and ease of cleaning. Highly recommended.

Shipping was extremely quick and it came professionally packaged in a box and protective bag:
View attachment 965267

First piece installed. Notice how it fits perfectly around the hooks and handle:
View attachment 965268

All 3 pieces installed:View attachment 965269
View attachment 965270
View attachment 965271
your install came out better than mine :( now I seriously need to re-do mine. looks good!

Reactions: EdSt
I’ve been using the Lasfit mudflaps for the last week on my 2023 model 3.

First of all, they look great, the look OEM which is a big plus for me.

Secondly and more importantly is how easy they are to put on. Took me maybe five minutes to put all four on.

I know it’s only been a week but they seem as sturdy as they were when I first put them on. Can’t really comment on how effective they are yet but I look forward to seeing how much they help out.

I highly recommend these to everyone who are looking for mudflaps.
IMG_2521.jpeg
IMG_2520.jpeg

Reactions: Soul Surfer
Thanks to Lasfit's giveaway I had the opportunity to try their center console side anti-kick pads. This product is something I've been thinking about getting due to the factory felt material traps so much dirt and its a hassle to keep clean. I'm a avid hiker that tend to end up in area with a lot of sand or mud. Doesn't matter how much I try to kick off the dirt, they always end up inside especially the driver seat area. I'd usually have to spend more time than I'd like to brush and vacuum the dirt off where my leg and foot comes in contact with the side of the center console. Over time there's even a imprint/scuff mark near the accelerator pedal. With Lasfit's anti-kick pads, its so easy and quick to wipe off pretty much anything that gets on it. The pads itself does not have any odor and is made with thick quality material. The finish resembles the factory parts and fits extremely well. Took me less than 5 minutes to install both sides!. I'm very satisfied with how well the product is made and the design enhance the interior aesthetic. Now I'll have to purchase their floor mats to match the anti-kick pads 😁

product 1.jpg

product 2.jpg

factory.jpg

installed 2.jpg

installed.jpg

Reactions: LASFIT
Well packed. Each wheel arrived in it's own box with appropriate packing materials to prevent damage during shipping. The clips are correct and fit nicely onto the wheels. Foam tape is included to prevent squeaking or rubbing.

The wheel cover is well made out of durable ABS. There is an instruction manual telling you how to remove the OEM covers and to install Lasfit ones as well as to use the foam tape to prevent squeaking and rubbing.

The covers are very well made and I can see them lasting for a long time. It provides a clean alternative look to the OEM wheel covers.

IMG_2563.jpg
IMG_2565.jpg
IMG_2566.jpg
IMG_2569.jpg
IMG_2570.jpg
IMG_2571.jpg
IMG_2572.jpg