Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems a bit odd that 13000+ reservations are getting a Feb-Mar window. I wonder if that's just the default date if you're not getting the 40, standard suspension, or sunset red. Am i the only one that finds this weird?

Does seem odd to me as well. I'm trying to stick with my practice of "non attachment" to getting the car earlier than originally estimated. But, alas I'm getting slightly sucked in.

Seems a bit odd that 13000+ reservations are getting a Feb-Mar window. I wonder if that's just the default date if you're not getting the 40, standard suspension, or sunset red. Am i the only one that finds this weird?
Like I posted above, the "window" on the Finalize pages isn't using a very sophisticated algorithm, it seems. I just finalized on Friday and I was given a "Nov-Dec 2012" delivery window for a 60kWh, active air config. Clearly not right.

Just to add another MS to the mix:

Reservation Date: 10/6/2012, #12645
Configure Date: 1/7/2013
Finalized: 1/12/2013
Docusigned: 1/13/2013

Car Specs: Model S performance, black, carbon, pano, 21" rims, tech package, sound package, rear facing seats, parcel shelf, HPWC + Twin Chargers

Estimated delivery (like everybody else): Feb - Mar 2013

I'm hoping to actually get it a bit later than that. Would like to avoid the brunt of the rainy season here in NorCal so I don't have to wash the car continuously. Haha.

Josh,
Like most everyone else - the automated system at Tesla is pretty good at responding. When we put our build in the reply From Tesla was within an hour, one small glitch with the final approval and signing documents. The car was ordered in my wife's name, and used her email, when we sent the MVPA signed document in I never got a separate email like docusign had posted, for required co buyer signatures. waited and called the posted number this AM, they found the first set of documents right away but didn't know why I hadn't received the second set, resent and while I was waiting I found them in my spam email. signed co-buyer, sent to Tesla and called to confirm, they had them and the status in our garage changed to being built within an hour!
He ( name withheld to protect the source) also said they are ramped up and in full production I should expect the car in March most likely.
WooHoo, 3 months quicker than my earliest prediction.
With the fast finalize messages I'm thinking you should probably hear this week, unless they decide to " batch" a bunch of Euro or Canadian cars. That's possible too, one of our local DS's went to Vancouver B.C Christmas week to help deliver there, 21 cars that week! Merry christmas for our Canadian friends. I'm also thinking they are making a big push for converting reservation $$ to non refundable, then the newer higher rates will start applying.

P #14,193 - just received my "time to configure/finalize" email at 4pm (central). I have until 2/11 to avoid price increase. Can't believe this is happening. I wasn't expecting to even have to think about this (ie make decisions) until March or so.

The question is, delivery date?

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add another MS to the mix:

Reservation Date: 10/6/2012, #12645
Configure Date: 1/7/2013
Finalized: 1/12/2013
Docusigned: 1/13/2013

Estimated delivery (like everybody else): Feb - Mar 2013

So, what obligation does TM have to meet their delivery date? Any contractual obligation?

I'm losing track. How many is that per day? I'm leaving on vacation Thursday. Guess I'm bringing the laptop.:smile:

I estimate you'll be able to finalize on Wed 1/16 or Thu 1/17. The highest reported US reservation allowed to finalize in 2012 was #12568, on 12/20. The first day in 2013 of new finalize/build reports was 1/7. As of today, the highest I've seen reported is #14277. That's an average of (14277 - 12568) / 6 = 284.83 reservation numbers per (week)day.

So #14835 should be up in another (14835 - 14277) / 284.83 = 1.959 days.

As of today's average rate, all US reservations created through 12/31 (last report was #17849) will be asked to finalize by 1/31.

And of course, insert some amount of salt here. They may stop allowing more US reservation holders to finalize at any point. :wink:

14,189 (amazing we're all within 20 numbers of each other). Email received. Wife is out of the country and after a conversation, my original plan of being all ready to submit asap has been denied by her due to her not being here. We're in a funny situation where getting it late February/early March would probably be worse than waiting until May. (We'll be out of the country from March-May and a pay raise in March that, hopefully unnecessarily, might help with getting the financing). Hopefully her wanting to wait until she gets back later this week won't push us well past May, but maybe I'm being uber-sensitive. We have everything figured out spec wise, it's all about guessing the timing right. We determined that the consequense of bein pushed a few months back (again, hopefully that doesn't happen because we wait a few days) is worse than getting it too soon and for some fluke chance the bank doesn't like us as much as they would after our pay raise and doesn't give us the loan we need... I wish there was a way to just submit all your financial data and see what you'd get without having to do a full pre-approval...

- - - Updated - - -

I estimate you'll be able to finalize on Wed 1/16 or Thu 1/17. The highest reported US reservation allowed to finalize in 2012 was #12568, on 12/20. The first day in 2013 of new finalize/build reports was 1/7. As of today, the highest I've seen reported is #14277. That's an average of (14277 - 12568) / 6 = 284.83 reservation numbers per (week)day.

As of today's average rate, all US reservations created through 12/31 (last report was #17849) will be asked to finalize by 1/31.

And of course, insert some amount of salt here. They may stop allowing more US reservation holders to finalize at any point. :wink:

yeah but they are coming out in batches... although I think there might have been 2 batches last week (a later in the week one). Usually they come out on Mondays.

I don't see how this is surprising to anyone. They came right out and said all reservation holders before 12/31 will be asked to finalize before end of January. It seems like they are on pace with exactly what they said they were going to do.

Where did you see 14,277?