Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No obligation, just an estimate.

Just an estimate????? So TM can make me commit to buy a 100K MS and yet they have no obligation to deliver it to me when they say they will??? I put 5K at risk? And no downside for them? If I understand this, it is very lopsided deal. What kind of contract do I sign with no legally binding commitment by TM on a delivery date? What is to keep them from taking 12 months to deliver a car they say they will deliver in March? What am I missing? Who in their right mind signs such a contract?

Just an estimate????? So TM can make me commit to buy a 100K MS and yet they have no obligation to deliver it to me when they say they will??? I put 5K at risk? And no downside for them? If I understand this, it is very lopsided deal. What kind of contract do I sign with no legally binding commitment by TM on a delivery date? What is to keep them from taking 12 months to deliver a car they say they will deliver in March? What am I missing? Who in their right mind signs such a contract?

Whoa! Settle.

The deposit is fully refundable at any time up to when you sign the MVPA. Nothing is to keep you from putting a deposit down. It only gets you in line. Your deposit is not a commitment to buy a car.

--- update ---

And after the MVPA, it is still a best-faith estimate. If you've ever built a house, you know unforeseeable schedule delays happen. And you're on the hook for the house. Personally, I'd rather the contractor didn't take shortcuts just to meet the original date, but rather do it right. Your car is the same way. Maybe the last test shows a problem. You want them to deliver it to you anyway?

yeah but they are coming out in batches... although I think there might have been 2 batches last week (a later in the week one). Usually they come out on Mondays.

I agree that they probably batch, and not necessarily daily. There were at least 4 batches last week, see below.
They might be doing this to keep the load and pre-MVPA response time down per day, rather than opening the flood gates.
I figured a daily average would be easiest so that other people could estimate for their own reservation sequence numbers.

Last week, there was at least one report on Monday:
12680 Just received my "Time to finalize" email.
one on Tuesday:
Just received my finalize email moments ago!!! P12,991 now I just have to get the wife to agree to my choices! :)
one on Wednesday:
I got my finalize notice today around noon. […] I am # 13,396.
none Thursday (that I saw),
and one on Friday:
http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/its-time-build-your-model-s?page=20

Nothing to prevent them except that sales would plummet if that started happening. That said, some early finalizers definitely got delayed by a couple months from the MVPA estimate. The company could also go bankrupt and your $5000 would vanish. I signed the contract, so obviously I'm willing to take the risk. They only get the rest of the money when they give you the car, so they're going to get it to you as soon as possible.

#14,254 - got my invitation to configure email today 1:58pm PST. Finalized order, 85kWh Performance, Black, Pano, CF Spoiler, 21" Silver, Black Interior, CF Decor, Tech, Sound, Parcel. Feb/Mar delivery. Spoke with Tesla, Docusign coming tomorrow. We're looking forward to the factory tour ;)

I don't see how this is surprising to anyone. They came right out and said all reservation holders before 12/31 will be asked to finalize before end of January. It seems like they are on pace with exactly what they said they were going to do.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as surprised. I was just confirming the earlier posts about the email sent to those holding reservations when the price increase happened.

Last edited:
BTW, what was your source for that information?

At least everybody who had reserved before the price increase was announced at the end of November got an email saying they would be invited to finalize by January 31st and would have 4 weeks to finalize and avoid the price increase. I'm not sure about people who reserved during December, but I would expect them to be soon after if not by Jan 31st.

Where did you see 14,277?

Tesla Motors | Model S | It's Time to Build Your Model S
A post by ylyubarsky shows #14277.
A newer post by benempt shows #14295.

- - - Updated - - -

At least everybody who had reserved before the price increase was announced at the end of November got an email saying they would be invited to finalize by January 31st and would have 4 weeks to finalize and avoid the price increase.

Yep. I figured that out after a bit of searching, and edited my earlier post to remove the question.

I didn't get that email, probably because I reserved after the upcoming price increase was made known.

Are these emails coming at a certain time of day? I'm not being anal. I'm traveling Thursday and that looks like a good guess for me (14,835) so I was wondering before ,or after the flight. I'm guessing the computer sends them out using an algorithm. OK, maybe I'm being a little anal. :smile:

Are these emails coming at a certain time of day? I'm not being anal. I'm traveling Thursday and that looks like a good guess for me (14,835) so I was wondering before ,or after the flight. I'm guessing the computer sends them out using an algorithm. OK, maybe I'm being a little anal. :smile:

Because the reports are from different times of the day, I'd guess that someone at Tesla manually hits the button to allow more finalizations. And the emails are likely getting batched out by the tens, so that their email system doesn't seem like a spam bot to the receiving email systems. I'm just an anxious as anyone to get my button/email. But I don't expect finalizing an hour or two after getting it will make that much difference in when I actually get my car — maybe a day or two, tops.

14427 finalized also before I got my email. I switched to blue/tan after seeing EdA's blue/gray today. Thanks EdA for taking the time to show your awesome car to me!

NP85 (P != NP, right?), Blue w/ tan, obeche matte, sound studio, air suspension, tech package, pano roof.

Oh God, so excited. My co-workers were all trying to help me pick the final color right before I hit the button... One wanted green, two gray, one blue. I hope I mare the right decision!

The estimated delivery date was Feb-Mar, so we'll see how that holds up.

:-D

14427 finalized also before I got my email. I switched to blue/tan after seeing EdA's blue/gray today. Thanks EdA for taking the time to show your awesome car to me!

NP85 (P != NP, right?), Blue w/ tan, obeche matte, sound studio, air suspension, tech package, pano roof.

Oh God, so excited. My co-workers were all trying to help me pick the final color right before I hit the button... One wanted green, two gray, one blue. I hope I mare the right decision!

The estimated delivery date was Feb-Mar, so we'll see how that holds up.

:-D

P != NP ROFL! Is it just me or a lot of TMS prospective owners are techies and computer science geeks? At least it would appear so from the boards.

My 60kwh with Blue/Black/White estimate is also Feb-Mar! I was thinking it'd be like May/June!?

P != NP ROFL! Is it just me or a lot of TMS prospective owners are techies and computer science geeks? At least it would appear so from the boards.

My 60kwh with Blue/Black/White estimate is also Feb-Mar! I was thinking it'd be like May/June!?

Just curious...what's your reservation number? and I presume you have air susp? If your delivery date is Feb-March and there are a lot of 12,xxx - 14,xxx with 85, air and NON-red with delivery date of Feb-March, I have to assume that your reservation number is in the 8,xxx to 10,xxx and yours will be done by early February. I only speculate on that time frame because I would assume--yes, I'm assuming--that Tesla batches their build. At the moment, I think they are working on early reservation holders with 60kw. after that, I presume they'll batch the 85s before moving on to 60's again and then to reds and regular susp.