Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, as of today, I just got my "finalize by FEB 14, 2013 button"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red Multi-Coat according to TM............

Enters production March 2013 "The Red multi-coat paint enters Production March 2013 and may delay delivery"

How many folks are going with Red Multi-Coat? Is it nice? Anyone seen it in the flesh??? Worth the wait?

Well, I liked the red enough to significantly delay my delivery. I drove a red at the Get Amped event in the summer. Who knows what the real shade is (other threads about that) but I'm willing to roll the dice. There are samples in the stores now.

Finalize email received today at 4:58pm Central Time - Reservation # 15,306. Order submitted for a Grey 60 kWh w/ 21" silver wheels, Grey interior with matte Obeche wood - all options but the rear facing seats. Confirmation provided a Feb/March delivery, but I'm not going to hold my breath. But at least she is in the hopper!!

Finalize email received today at 4:58pm Central Time - Reservation # 15,306. Order submitted for a Grey 60 kWh w/ 21" silver wheels, Grey interior with matte Obeche wood - all options but the rear facing seats. Confirmation provided a Feb/March delivery, but I'm not going to hold my breath. But at least she is in the hopper!!

It seems like there have been a ton of finalize emails in the last four to five days. From 14,100 to 15,200. That is more than 200 a day or 6,000 in a month. Any ideas why?

I would guess they are obviously building by configuration and delivery location, the bigger sample size keeps the plant running tickity Boo.
When I say obviously to me, that was on my delivery notification , the reason for batching was configuration and location..

Last edited:
1. Makes all the $5k deposits non refundable.
2. Gives them the information they need to properly manage supply chain (order ahead of need.)
3. Forces people to step up or get out w/r/t to price increase.
4. And as wstuff said, they may be trying to build cars from the same geos to optimize/reduce shipping costs.

#1 and #3 both help for financial forecasting.

A

Like many others, I got my Finalize by February 14, 2013 e-mail today. I am reservation number 15,355, so I was a little shocked to get it this early. The Park Meadows Tesla store people tell me that I will probably get my car about 2-3 months after I finalize, which is quite different that the original estimate of 8-9 months after I reserved. Now I have to get ready a little earlier... :)

Last edited:
Like many others, I got my Finalize by February 14, 2013 e-mail today. I am reservation number 15,355, so I was a little shocked to get it this early. The Park Meadows Tesla store people tell me that I will probably get my car about 2-3 months after I finalize, which is quite different that the orinonal estimate of 8-9 months after I reserved. Now I have to get ready a little earlier... :)

When did you reserve?

It seems like there have been a ton of finalize emails in the last four to five days. From 14,100 to 15,200. That is more than 200 a day or 6,000 in a month. Any ideas why?
I believe they have gone beyond the 400/week production rate. I finalized yesterday and have delivery window end of march. Blankenship gave interview this week and claimed current production line can make 50000 cars a year. They are proving it

I believe they have gone beyond the 400/week production rate. I finalized yesterday and have delivery window end of march. Blankenship gave interview this week and claimed current production line can make 50000 cars a year. They are proving it

That's easy to do. They've always said a single shift production line can produce 400/week at max efficiency. I watched their factory tour show on TV and was very impressed. They were training employees using stopwatches. Each time the line advanced they try to beat their last time and get it under the required time to operate at max efficiency. They seemed to be doing this very well. We know that they are actually doing 2 shifts, possibly 3. Even if their shifts are only working at 80% efficiency, 3 shifts would make that 49,920 cars/year.

It would be a bad sign for Tesla if the reservation queue of 15.000 U.S. reservations yields a mere 3-4 months of production :scared: But it is not.

I would wait until all delayed options are in production. Let me retell: standard suspension, 40kWh battery pack, multi coat read. There are several thousand reservation holders waiting for these.
When these are up and running, let's have a look again. Oh my, in the mean time, international deliveries will take their toll :wink:

I'm sitting anxiously at 15,600 - today might be the day. Next week for sure. As for the 2-3 month delivery estimate, this is the "normal" expectation auto-generated by their system. Each time I have spoken with Tesla, they've consistently said 8-9 months. Please don't get your hopes up and be disappointed, too much. We're all still in for a bit of an exciting wait. The benefit of that time is an improved car!

This is getting exciting! I am 158xx so it is looking like my turn may be next week. My test drive at the Santa Monica store is not until mid February. I must admit that I have become addicted to this site to hear about the experiences of those who have their cars. So far, it seems like this will be a good investment, even though it is always risky to be an early adopter of new technologies.

I'm sitting anxiously at 15,600 - today might be the day. Next week for sure.

Since they started allowing new finalizations this month, based on reported sequence numbers here and at the TM Forums, the average number of US reservation sequence numbers allowed to finalize per (week)day is 318. And the highest reported number yesterday was #15,430 (last post on this page). So if they allow new finalizations today, you should be among them.

This is getting exciting! I am 158xx so it is looking like my turn may be next week.

Based on a rate of 318 per (week)day, #15,800-#15,899 should all be allowed on Monday.

Finally, based on this rate, all US reservation sequence numbers from 2012 (last report was 17849) should be invited to configure/finalize by Jan 29. That leaves 2 days for European Signature Reservation holders to get their finalize/configure buttons/emails before the end of the month.

Of course, please take the above with the appropriate amount of salt.