Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where do you see the delivery window? I just signed the paperwork, saw no indication of delivery window.

Page 1 of 5 of the Pre-MVPA (page 3 of the PDF), just below the names & addresses, there should be a row like:
VEHICLE TO BE DELIVERED ON OR ABOUT: FEB, 2013 - MAR, 2013
(At least, that's what mine looks like)

The more granular delivery window comes later, after getting the "delivery" button on your "My Tesla" page & filling out the delivery questionnaire.

I'm in the exact same position. I originally heard they might have leasing Q1 2013. Then when they announced it won't be till summer, I cancelled my earlier reservation and placed an order at 11:00pm 12/31/2012 to lock in old pricing as long as possible. Now I need to configure before knowing the lease rates/residuals and if lease would even be available when my car arrives. Only option is to just wait and accept the $6000 (how do you figure $7500?) price increase for P85 (difference of about $180/month on a 3 year lease).

If I had to guess, it would be that leasing will not be available until the new pricing is in effect. They did tell people that canceling and rereserving wouldn't change things very much.

Okay, I have one more day to Finalize My Order before the price increase goes into effect.

So, right now, the saved design for my Model S includes aerodynamic wheels and the banana leaf accent, both of which have been, um, discontinued.
I wonder what would happen if I clicked "Finalize" on this...

I won't find out until September. I must wait for BMW's i3 to come out, when I can compare the Model S to BMW's i3 and/or the i3+RangeExtender models.

-- Ardie
I think I can tolerate the price increase of roughly half the amount of the sales tax.

Reservation Date: Jan 5, 2013
Reservation #18032

I got my finalize notice today at 3:15EST and submitted the order about 10 mins later. My estimated delivery is “March-April”

Time to start cleaning up the garage! :biggrin:

P85 | Beautiful Pearl White | CF | Pano | Tech | Sound | 21" | Single Charger

Interestingly though, they are finally giving delivery estimates for cars without any delayed options of Mar/Apr instead of Feb/Mar.

Indeed. The latest reservation without delayed options with a Jan/Feb estimate is 6316. This is pure speculation, and they're ramping up production, but that results in 12k reservations to consume 2 months of projected production (~3200 cars).

So I asked Tesla to give me a delivery estimate for my 60k, blue, tan leather, pan roof, 19"" wheels, tech, sound, active air, twin chargers + SC.

They told me March - June. The problem is March or April is a no-go for me. I have a big tax bill due. I asked them to give me a better estimate. We'll see...I might have to delay. Of course if I delay I'll probably just cancel and given them some time to deliver a more complete product (center console, rearseat armrests, ultrasonic parking alarms).

George Blankenship: Model S Leasing is not planned to start until late in 2013

I'm in the exact same position. I originally heard they might have leasing Q1 2013. Then when they announced it won't be till summer, I cancelled my earlier reservation and placed an order at 11:00pm 12/31/2012 to lock in old pricing as long as possible. Now I need to configure before knowing the lease rates/residuals and if lease would even be available when my car arrives. Only option is to just wait and accept the $6000 (how do you figure $7500?) price increase for P85 (difference of about $180/month on a 3 year lease).

I corrected the increase, which is $6,600 incl. CA state sales tax in my case. I emailed George Blankenship, who is an awesome executive IMHO, and he replied directly to our issue just 4.5 hours later:

"
George Blankenship
Jan 29 (2 days ago) to me, Troy, Alex, Brian, Michelle

Hi Russell,

Nice to hear from you. Unfortunately anyone who is waiting for Model S leasing will have to do so under the new pricing structure. Leasing is not planned to start until late in 2013 and all orders under 2012 pricing will be done well before that.

I hope you are off to a great New Year!

Best Regards,

George

"

I'll cross-post this new information to all the "Leasing" threads, too, when I get a chance.

My wife and I will probably cancel our 12/31/2012 reservation on principle and patiently wait to buy and depreciate Model X P#83 as a Heavy SUV (if over 6,000 lbs. GVWR), or just lease it to write-off the payments.

Russ

I corrected the increase, which is $6,600 incl. CA state sales tax in my case. I emailed George Blankenship, who is an awesome executive IMHO, and he replied directly to our issue just 4.5 hours later:

"
George Blankenship
Jan 29 (2 days ago) to me, Troy, Alex, Brian, Michelle

Hi Russell,

Nice to hear from you. Unfortunately anyone who is waiting for Model S leasing will have to do so under the new pricing structure. Leasing is not planned to start until late in 2013 and all orders under 2012 pricing will be done well before that.

I hope you are off to a great New Year!

Best Regards,

George

"

I'll cross-post this new information to all the "Leasing" threads, too, when I get a chance.

My wife and I will probably cancel our 12/31/2012 reservation on principle and patiently wait to buy and depreciate Model X P#83 as a Heavy SUV (if over 6,000 lbs. GVWR), or just lease it to write-off the payments.

Russ

Thank you very much for the info. Since I will need to know the lease info prior to finalizing and delivery is about 3 months after finalizing, I wouldn't get my Model S until early 2014. I'll probably cancel my res and re-evaluate when leasing is available. Early 2014 just seems too long to wait.