Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed Saturday Night and got my VIN today. They are telling me "Late October". Might even be a bit faster because I switched from the 60 kWh to the 85 kWh.

ETA: Here's my Config:

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome--great config. Yes, get in the hurry up and wait line now :biggrin:

Any idea how long it takes to go from "Sourcing Parts" to "In Production"?

Attachments

• orderagreement.png
    orderagreement.png
    119.2 KB · Views: 540
Tex, yours seems abnormally fast no? I confirmed same day, but am nearly 3 weeks behind you in getting delivery. I am definitely jealous that you'll get those extra weeks of enjoyment.

Tex does seem unusually fast. I ordered my p+ 5 days earlier than him, and am picking up sept 25.

When I ordered in the store, they estimated September delivery, but then asked, "when do you want it?" And I stupidly replied "September is fine." My dashboard then listed delivery date as, "late September fine." I kid not.

Either that, or they just wanted to throw Texas a bone. :)

Tex, yours seems abnormally fast no? I confirmed same day, but am nearly 3 weeks behind you in getting delivery. I am definitely jealous that you'll get those extra weeks of enjoyment.

I'm certainly not complaining :cool: But I bet yours gets to your house sooner than they are telling you.

You'll see this before you even know it
Captureno_zpsb58b1b75.png

Tex does seem unusually fast. I ordered my p+ 5 days earlier than him, and am picking up sept 25.

When I ordered in the store, they estimated September delivery, but then asked, "when do you want it?" And I stupidly replied "September is fine." My dashboard then listed delivery date as, "late September fine." I kid not.

Either that, or they just wanted to throw Texas a bone. :)

It will be ready Mon or Tues next week (on a carrier now and he has a few stops). That's fine because it's suppose to pour down rain tomorrow, and that would not be a good thing for delivery day. I think ordering on the phone certainly helped. I talked to someone, and inquired live about production days, etc. Was able to schmooze a little, and bam, 20'ish days from first ordering to delivery. If they are throwing Texas a bone, I'm happy to be the recipient of it :biggrin:

Last edited:
It will be ready Mon or Tues next week (on a carrier now and he has a few stops). That's fine because it's suppose to pour down rain tomorrow, and that would not be a good thing for delivery day. I think ordering on the phone certainly helped. I talked to someone, and inquired live about production days, etc. Was able to schmooze a little, and bam, 20'ish days from first ordering to delivery. If they are throwing Texas a bone, I'm happy to be the recipient of it :biggrin:

That's cool. My guess is that you lucked out with the batching, and they were already making cars like yours and could fit yours in.

I'm certainly not complaining :cool: But I bet yours gets to your house sooner than they are telling you.

You'll see this before you even know it
Captureno_zpsb58b1b75.png

It probably helped that he got a P85+. Those are the fastest shipping (web site says 30 days for a "P" and 60 days for an "S").

That's cool. My guess is that you lucked out with the batching, and they were already making cars like yours and could fit yours in.

I think you may be right--happy to take it :cool:

It probably helped that he got a P85+. Those are the fastest shipping (web site says 30 days for a "P" and 60 days for an "S").

I really think more than anything (outside of P+) was the quarter end. It was the best time to get one from a delivery standpoint. And yes, P+ didn't hurt, but if one pays $115k+, I can't blame them for pushing those out first (as the website shows).

Last edited:
First post on the forum!
Confirmed on 09/16 and just changed my order today from a S85 to a P85! They said it wouldn't effect delivery which is scheduled for early November delivery at the Norristown PA Service Center. Anyone else here from southeast PA or DE?

I still don't have a VIN yet and I am anxiously waiting my HPWC to get it up and ready to charge.

Here is my car:
P85 Dark Gray
Tan leather with obeche matte
19" cyclones with Primacy upgrade
Tech Package
Pano Roof
High-Fi Audio
Dual chargers
Smart Air Suspension
Parking Sensors
Rear Facing Seats
Paint Armor

I have never been this excited for a car and this forum is the only thing that will get me through! Can't I rent a loaner vehicle until mine gets here ;-)

First post on the forum!
Confirmed on 09/16 and just changed my order today from a S85 to a P85! They said it wouldn't effect delivery which is scheduled for early November delivery at the Norristown PA Service Center. Anyone else here from southeast PA or DE?

I still don't have a VIN yet and I am anxiously waiting my HPWC to get it up and ready to charge.

Here is my car:
P85 Dark Gray
Tan leather with obeche matte
19" cyclones with Primacy upgrade
Tech Package
Pano Roof
High-Fi Audio
Dual chargers
Smart Air Suspension
Parking Sensors
Rear Facing Seats
Paint Armor

I have never been this excited for a car and this forum is the only thing that will get me through! Can't I rent a loaner vehicle until mine gets here ;-)

Very nice configuration. Is almost the same as the last one I did on the design page minus some goodies....congrats!

I test drove and ordered on 09/23 and confirmed on 09/24. Delivery quoted for "Late November". Like ipryor I'm awaiting my VIN as well. Speaking of, congrats on changing up to the P85 ipryor!

Add me to the list of those waiting a "Late November" delivery.
I swear time has slowed down since I pressed the confirm button!

S85 | Black | Black Roof | Std Interior | 19" | Dual Chargers + HPWC | Tech | Air | Sub Zero
Reserved: 9/15, Confirmed 9/24, Estimated Delivery: "November"

Last edited:

Congrats! I was in the same boat! I've owned numerous luxury and sports cars before owning the Model S, but I have never been more excited about it!

And you will not be disappointed. After putting on close to 1000 miles on my P85 since last Thursday, I have great respect for the Model S and the Tesla Motors! It's been a pure joy to be driving it, and I look for every excuse to go on errands for my wife!

And this forum is very helpful and supportive for the new and prospective owners do the Model S. I found it very informative and made my 6 weeks of waiting somewhat bearable! :)