Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest on what is included?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a new Model 3 LR at the end of December. Curious if I am missing a few items. I did get them included on my 2018 and I am getting conflicting info right now...

Are we supposed to get a mat for the frunk, and console trays? I know I no longer get a mobile charger, but I did get an adaptor.

Thanks!

Just received mine last Friday. The only thing I received was an adapter which I had to actually file a support ticket for because they forgot to put it in the car when I picked it up. I don't believe this car comes with anything. I did only get the RWD SR though FWIW.

I bought a new Model 3 LR at the end of December. Curious if I am missing a few items.

Are we supposed to get a mat for the frunk

No. Order on the Tesla store or third party.

and console trays?

No. Order on the Tesla store or third party.

I know I no longer get a mobile charger

I don’t recall exactly what the cutoff date was for new order placements to still get a UMC, but I think it was April/May 2022-ish (I ordered my Y in late April 2022, delivered early November, and I got a Tesla store code for $200, covering the UMC.)

but I did get an adaptor.

Yeah the $50 J plug adapter is all you get these days (other than basic first and second row cloth mats).

Congrats on the new 3!

RWD / SR+ model 3s Dont come with floor mats. LR / P ones did, but I am not sure of current status on that.

FWIW, the included mats are pretty crappy, You arent missing much of anything with the RWD car not having them. Part of the proof of how crappy they are is how many third party options have sprung up for mats for these cars.

Last edited:
RWD / SR+ model 3s Dont come with floor mats. LR / P ones did, but I am not sure of current status on that.

FWIW, the included mats are pretty crappy, You arent missing much of anything with the RWD car not having them. Part of the proof of how crappy they are is how many third party options have sprung up for mats for these cars.

This is pretty true across the board. I almost always dump the factory mats right away. Being in the northeast, cheap carpeted mats are more trouble than they’re worth.

I’m new to Tesla and just placed my order Friday for a M3. I’ve been notified that it may arrive as soon as next week.

I wasn’t expecting such a fast delivery and been working nonstop to clean garage, get wall connector and find a electrician.

TBH, I don’t even know what to expect such as is this a new 2023 car design, enhanced vision, new battery design?

Oh boy, so excited!

I’m new to Tesla and just placed my order Friday for a M3. I’ve been notified that it may arrive as soon as next week.

I wasn’t expecting such a fast delivery and been working nonstop to clean garage, get wall connector and find a electrician.

TBH, I don’t even know what to expect such as is this a new 2023 car design, enhanced vision, new battery design?

Oh boy, so excited!

There is no new 2023 design. Tesla doesn't go for yearly updates. They do incremental updates / changes whenever they feel like it. Sometimes good (update to Ryzen CPU) sometimes bad (Removal of radar, removal of ultra sonic sensors)

There is no "enhanced" vision. You might get different batteries depending on the trim level.

You lose ultra sonic sensors that measures distance from objects around our car, so no parking assist, at least for now.

Reactions: android04
There is no new 2023 design. Tesla doesn't go for yearly updates. They do incremental updates / changes whenever they feel like it. Sometimes good (update to Ryzen CPU) sometimes bad (Removal of radar, removal of ultra sonic sensors)

There is no "enhanced" vision. You might get different batteries depending on the trim level.

You lose ultra sonic sensors that measures distance from objects around our car, so no parking assist, at least for now.
While generally true, I believe the orange rear turn signals of the Model 3 corresponded with the 2023 model year switchover.

For the M3P, I believe the gunpowder gray wheels were only available for model year 2020.

I'm sure there are other examples, but thought of these off the top of my head.

While generally true, I believe the orange rear turn signals of the Model 3 corresponded with the 2023 model year switchover.

For the M3P, I believe the gunpowder gray wheels were only available for model year 2020.

I'm sure there are other examples, but thought of these off the top of my head.
Oddly only the Performance got the amber signals, I believe. Kind of like how the MYP got the matrix lights as an exclusive for a while, just in reverse. Given history, though, I would chalk it up to being coincidence with the model year changeover vs a scheduled change meant to mark a new model year. Tesla has to have model years, or the cars couldn't be insured or registered, but they are not meaningful.

Last edited:

i'm taking delivery of my 2023 M3 RWD in two weeks. yeah we lose USS (got the notification from tesla re: tesla vision etc) and the M3 RWD all use the LFP batteries which i quite like.