Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch mode gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery a week ago. Even via the Easter egg I can't seem to locate anything launch mode related.

Hold both pedals to the floor. Release the accelerator pedal and press it again while holding the brake the entire time. Press the accelerator to the floor 100% then just release the brake. You need to be in ludicrous mode though. Sometimes you have to wait a few minute for it to engage.

You are basically holding the brake pedal to the floor and pressing the gas 2 times to the floor then holding it the 2nd time and releasing the brake. It will give you a launch mode notification on the head up display. Sometimes it takes a few tries.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tenable
Hold both pedals to the floor. Release the accelerator pedal and press it again while holding the brake the entire time. Press the accelerator to the floor 100% then just release the brake. You need to be in ludicrous mode though. Sometimes you have to wait a few minute for it to engage.

You are basically holding the brake pedal to the floor and pressing the gas 2 times to the floor then holding it the 2nd time and releasing the brake. It will give you a launch mode notification on the head up display. Sometimes it takes a few tries.

Awesome! Thank you! I'm traveling this week but I'll give it a try as soon as I get home.

Max battery/Launch mode is currently not working on P85/90 vehicles. The L+ button is supposed to have a sub menu for max battery which is currently non-existent. This in turn causes launch mode to not work, if you try, you get the “two pedals pressed” error. Mine broke when I went from 2018.50.6 to 2019.12.1.1. P100 cars are not affected. I suggest making a call to your local service center and escalating the issue. The more people that complain the faster they will hopefully fix the issue via an update.

Others have said if you have air suspension that needs to be set to Low as well.
yep this is in the manual

upload_2019-5-3_20-48-54.png

I'm having trouble getting launch mode to work on a 2018 P100DL. I've got "max battery" selected from the Tesla menu but keep getting the "two pedals depressed" error. Does the "warp screen" need to be engaged to heat up the battery?
When you select ludicrous+, you should get a pop-up to enable max battery. Select ok and then touch the X to close the window. On the left side, you should see battery heating and an estimated time.

Ensure your suspension is set to low.

When you press on the brake, make sure you depress it all the way down to the floor. On my car, the first time I tap the accelerator, I get the two pedals pressed warning, but if I do it again, I see launch mode enabled. It can be a bit finicky sometimes. I really wish there was just a button to enable it.