Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch mode gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you select ludicrous+, you should get a pop-up to enable max battery. Select ok and then touch the X to close the window. On the left side, you should see battery heating and an estimated time.

Ensure your suspension is set to low.

When you press on the brake, make sure you depress it all the way down to the floor. On my car, the first time I tap the accelerator, I get the two pedals pressed warning, but if I do it again, I see launch mode enabled. It can be a bit finicky sometimes. I really wish there was just a button to enable it.
Oh
Needs to be in ludicrous+? Thought it could be in any mode, ie ludicrous or sport.

That’s probably what I’m doing wrong...

Seems as though my launch mode is also now gone. I havent tried it with the vehicle fully heated but in heating mode it no longer works. Battery was only at 30C at the time though. All have to try and fully heat it up and give it another go. Nevere used to do this though. Can someone else confirm that the P100D still has launch mode on the most recent software

Reactions: UkrHog
Seems as though my launch mode is also now gone. I havent tried it with the vehicle fully heated but in heating mode it no longer works. Battery was only at 30C at the time though. All have to try and fully heat it up and give it another go. Nevere used to do this though. Can someone else confirm that the P100D still has launch mode on the most recent software
When you say it's gone, what are your symptoms?

When you say it's gone, what are your symptoms?

When in warmup mode the vehicle no longer goes into launch mode when pressing both the brake and accelerator. Tried in 2 different modes too. Star mode (Bring it on) and the bettery was pre-heating too. It wasnt in full ludicrous mode where the vehicle becomes transparent. But the battery was well heated. Never have had issues before in pre-heat mode getting the vehicle in launch mode. Also tried the new mode too of just pressing Ludicrous+ button. Still nothing. Will do more testing the next time I drive the vehicle. If Launch mode has been taken away I will not be impressed at all. Can anyone else confirm?

When in warmup mode the vehicle no longer goes into launch mode when pressing both the brake and accelerator. Tried in 2 different modes too. Star mode (Bring it on) and the bettery was pre-heating too. It wasnt in full ludicrous mode where the vehicle becomes transparent. But the battery was well heated. Never have had issues before in pre-heat mode getting the vehicle in launch mode. Also tried the new mode too of just pressing Ludicrous+ button. Still nothing. Will do more testing the next time I drive the vehicle. If Launch mode has been taken away I will not be impressed at all. Can anyone else confirm?
Question... Do you get the both pedals pressed warning message?
Two things to make sure of.
1. Your suspension is set to it's lowest setting
2. Your foot is pressed all the way down on the brake pedal. You need to pretty much feel the floor with the pedal. I know I do.

Question... Do you get the both pedals pressed warning message?
Two things to make sure of.
1. Your suspension is set to it's lowest setting
2. Your foot is pressed all the way down on the brake pedal. You need to pretty much feel the floor with the pedal. I know I do.

Yes Warning light comes on. Have tracked this car for 3 years now. Not once did the vehicle height setting restrict the vehicle from being able to get into launch mode. However once firmware changes so do the functionality of the vehicle. All check it out next time I have it out.

Launch Mode is available only if the ambient temperature is 37 F or warmer.

How much time do you allow between entering ‘Max Battery’ mode and attempting to launch? I’ve tried right away and I get the two pedal error for some reason
Immediately. I will say that sometimes I have to go through the sequence twice because I get the two pedals pressed warning the first time. I find that letting off the brake and then pushing it all the way down to the floor helps a lot.

Immediately. I will say that sometimes I have to go through the sequence twice because I get the two pedals pressed warning the first time. I find that letting off the brake and then pushing it all the way down to the floor helps a lot.

Weird, I’ve never been able to make this work before, but I always try 2-3 times right after enabling Max Battery mode before just giving up. Everything works flawlessly once the battery finishes warming up, it just sucks having to wait :(

Screenshot_20200301-113048~2.png