Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Learned something new today.. thanks Mercedes...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha..

Ok, so im pretty bored today and decided to stop in at a local Mercedes dealership. I wanted to see if they had an EQC on display.. or pricing info.. anything really.

The guy obviously asks me what im driving now (Model 3 of course), then goes on to say that "well didn't you know that electric cars are worse for the environment than gas cars? It's true! There was one study i ready that said so. So.. this V6 SUV is better for the environment than your car."

Im like... no.. no it's not.

He then said "i swear it's true.. because those Tesla batteries are made in China where there's a bunch of smoke stacks"

:confused::eek:o_O:rolleyes: (emojis are an accurate representation of my face then.. lol)

I then said "that is completely false. Tesla batteries for my car are made in Nevada... NOT China". He kept arguing with me until i just got frustrated and left.

Oh ya.. Mercedes is all on board with EVs...

*facepalm

Haha..

Ok, so im pretty bored today and decided to stop in at a local Mercedes dealership. I wanted to see if they had an EQC on display.. or pricing info.. anything really.

The guy obviously asks me what im driving now (Model 3 of course), then goes on to say that "well didn't you know that electric cars are worse for the environment than gas cars? It's true! There was one study i ready that said so. So.. this V6 SUV is better for the environment than your car."

He then said "i swear it's true.. because those Tesla batteries are made in China where there's a bunch of smoke stacks"

:confused::eek:o_O:rolleyes: (emojis are an accurate representation of my face then.. lol)

I then said "that is completely false. Tesla batteries for my car are made in Nevada... NOT China". He kept arguing with me until i just got frustrated and left.

*facepalm

I can’t wait to see what Chevy says when I turn in my lease next month and say I got a Model 3 now. At this same dealership when I was signing the lease paperwork they asked why I didn’t just buy one outright and when I said I only needed one a couple years before I got a Model 3 they actually started laughing. I don’t think they were so bold to laugh in my face AT ME, but I honestly think they thought I had made a joke and I would be laughing to. I just blankly looked at them and then said “well, unless you guys get your act together and come out with a beautiful electric car by then.”

(I was leasing a Volt at the time, Bolt was due out in less then a year and pictures had already been released... it looks like an eco box.)

The problem starts from the top-down. We've seen several executives and CEO's leave recently because of (CO)2 emission scandals and the inability to keep up with the EV disruption. I guarantee you that eventually, you'll find salespeople (even at Mercedes) jumping on the EV bandwagon as they realize its a significant asset.

Haha..

*facepalm

You should keep going back just to keep messing with them, haha

you are talking to a high shool drop out. i knew more about tesla than my "sales advisor" whom i never even met.

I’m always surprised how much people expect from car dealers, especially entry-level employees.

Sure there are rare cases of really intelligent dealers who know their stuff (and dare I say might be somewhat ethical in their words and actions), but then they don’t remain in that position for very long.

FWIW every Mercedes person I've ever dealt with spent most of their time discussing why everyone ELSES cars sucked (and often getting their basic facts wrong while doing so).

Contrast this with Lexus where they mostly tell you why their own cars are excellent (and in context, they are).

Mercedes HR seems to naturally select for negative douchebag.

I guess I was wrong, 2170 cells are made in Nevada
Yep the first ev they put onto the lot means they've either been caught lying or have to trash ice cars in some way, all the other cars they sell.. Its almost impossible to do if you sell both. Plus your ev better compare well to the competition

My previous car was BMW 3-series, so, when I was looking for new car i was torn between 3er again and Model 3, BMWs sales women had no problem to offer me 330/3340 or i3. Moreover, she said that Model 3 will be a good choice too and encouraged me to test drive all cars before final design.

no point arguing the environmental benefits to people like that. Just say who cares. The car performs better than anything on your lot.

Well, the „performs better“ statement depends on the criteria...and what the buyer is looking for? I don’t think your average car buyer is walking into a stealership debating between an ICE and an EV. The debate would likely be between an ICE and a hybrid...but that‘s my opinion.

In my case, I‘m moving from a 2017 BMW ///M3...the real M3 ;) — I‘m looking forward to seeing how the P3D compares to the BMW. I don‘t track a lot, but do get on VIR every so often and would like to get back on Daytona with the P3D to see how it stacks up. I know it doesn’t have the stamina to do a whole day on the track, both from a range/battery and brake standpoint. My M3 has CCB‘s so I don‘t have to deal with brake fade, as you do with regular steel brakes. I‘m most interested in comparing the infotainment in the P3D vs the BMW (CarPlay and SXM)... I‘ll have to get used to the silence, too.... something about rolling the window down, while you‘re zooming around, blipping through the gears ;)

Cheers!

Reactions: jjrandorin