Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leased M3 - should it show in my Tesla account?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At last - I've found someone with the same issues :)

Ordered in December, picked up 17th March - Lex leasing via Fleet Alliance.

I had virtually no information from the leasing company - just an email from Tesla where and when to pick up the car.

Had access via the app two days later, but not online. When I phoned Tesla about setting up payment for supercharging I was told not to worry about it, the car would charge and the charge would sit in some holding account somewhere!

Not that this will help "after the fact", but I've seen people recommend it is better to order the car through Tesla, so it's assigned to your account. And then get your preferred lease partner to transfer the order over to them. A family member did this via Zen/Electric Auto and it was all pretty seamless.

Reactions: Durzel
Same boat with Zenith. Car not showing in my account and supercharger referral didn’t work. I can use superchargers though with debit card details I added to the account. I booked a service appointment for the car to sort out a panel gap and the confirmation was addressed to “Dear Zenith...”. Ah well, the app works for daily car use and I can use and pay for superchargers so no big issue.

Same boat with Zenith. Car not showing in my account and supercharger referral didn’t work. I can use superchargers though with debit card details I added to the account. I booked a service appointment for the car to sort out a panel gap and the confirmation was addressed to “Dear Zenith...”. Ah well, the app works for daily car use and I can use and pay for superchargers so no big issue.

Out of interest did you try and get this sorted with Tesla and/or Zenith? I think I might have a go.

Out of interest did you try and get this sorted with Tesla and/or Zenith? I think I might have a go.
i've been trying for nearly 3 weeks. Contacted Tesla they tell you to contact the leasing company, contact Arval they tell you to contact the Broker (Selectcar Leasing).

Select have been trying to sort it to be fair and Tesla got back to them saying it was sorted but still no car in the account and no supercharger miles

i've been trying for nearly 3 weeks. Contacted Tesla they tell you to contact the leasing company, contact Arval they tell you to contact the Broker (Selectcar Leasing).

Select have been trying to sort it to be fair and Tesla got back to them saying it was sorted but still no car in the account and no supercharger miles

My story is the same just replace Arval with Lex and Selectcar Leasing with Drive Electric, Tesla told them several times they have sorted it, each has made no difference at my end

Reactions: JohnA16
I got a response from Tesla today which states:

“That is correct, as you are a lease customer the vehicle will not be displayed in the account as the lease company are the registered owners it will only show on the app.”

This at least seems to match with what some others are seeing. I’ve gone back to them to ask of this is also the reason I can’t see the ‘Upgrades’ option in the mobile app.

• Love
Reactions: Chalks99
I guess its pretty crappy if the upgrades option isn't available and you can't actually apply any upgrades, not sure why that would be restricted if your adding features to the car.

This is just a guess but my lease is actually Salary Sacrifice and includes insurance. They might be restricting modifying the car eg. adding the acceleration boost for the LR so that there are no insurance worries. Like I say, just a guess but I've not given up yet.

I got a response from Tesla today which states:

“That is correct, as you are a lease customer the vehicle will not be displayed in the account as the lease company are the registered owners it will only show on the app.”

This at least seems to match with what some others are seeing. I’ve gone back to them to ask of this is also the reason I can’t see the ‘Upgrades’ option in the mobile app.
This is spot on

I’m in the same position with Lex, I don’t think it matters too much and I can understand not being able to do upgrades as you wouldn’t normally be able to alter a lease car. The big issue I foresee is not being able to continue the premium connectivity sub after the 1 year trial, or 30 days for the SR+

I’m in the same position with Lex, I don’t think it matters too much and I can understand not being able to do upgrades as you wouldn’t normally be able to alter a lease car. The big issue I foresee is not being able to continue the premium connectivity sub after the 1 year trial, or 30 days for the SR+
I had a reply from Tesla (through ARVAL) that they (Tesla) will be contacting individual lease holders and offering them the chance to pay a monthly fee for the Premium Connectivity after the first year.

It’s normal for a leased (from a non-Tesla company) car to not show in your web account, this is because its in the account of the lease company. The lease company add you as a driver, and that’s how you gain app access. There’s no need to create an account in advance, the lease company, when they add you as a driver using the email address you’ve supplied, will create an account and you’ll get an email prompting you to set a password on it to activate it.

With regard to supercharger miles, you do get them, but you don’t see a total anywhere. Your balance appears in the supercharging section of your account on the web site when you use chargers, it doesn’t appear in the app as it does for owners. You do need to ensure a credit card is added to the account to pay for charge fees.

Quite reasonably, you can’t do upgrades as you don’t own the car. I’ve seen some people manage to get upgrades such as the performance boost done on LR cars by asking their lease company to perform the upgrade. The lease company then charge the driver.

Reactions: NewbieT
It’s normal for a leased (from a non-Tesla company) car to not show in your web account, this is because its in the account of the lease company. The lease company add you as a driver, and that’s how you gain app access. There’s no need to create an account in advance, the lease company, when they add you as a driver using the email address you’ve supplied, will create an account and you’ll get an email prompting you to set a password on it to activate it.

With regard to supercharger miles, you do get them, but you don’t see a total anywhere. Your balance appears in the supercharging section of your account on the web site when you use chargers, it doesn’t appear in the app as it does for owners. You do need to ensure a credit card is added to the account to pay for charge fees.

Quite reasonably, you can’t do upgrades as you don’t own the car. I’ve seen some people manage to get upgrades such as the performance boost done on LR cars by asking their lease company to perform the upgrade. The lease company then charge the driver.
My LR is on lease from a non-Tesla company.

The free supercharger miles are displayed on the app in the loot box.

I added the accel boost upgrade by raising it as a service request and paying at the local Tesla service centre.

Sorry to pull up an old thread, but just wondering if there are any recent leasers of MY or M3 from Arval?

I am having incredible difficulty with them understand they need to set me up as a driver to pull the vehicle into the app.
Does anyone have any recent experience with this?