Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LED Retrofit Possible w/Armrest Interior Lights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have to have it added by s the SC for it to show on the screen. PM me and I’ll tell you how I got it added...
I'm not seeing a way to send you a PM, can you give me any details on how you got it to work? I installed all 4 lights, plugged them into the ambient light connectors, nothing shows up in the MCU, so I tried a reboot, still nothing. I then went to the SC to see if they could help me, and they said that they cant add it if it wasn't there from the factory. . . .

Reactions: kfly212
So I am currently working through this adventure too. Just called the SC to see if they would order me the four ambient light strips. Funny thing - I have a 2013 S85 and although I don't have the physical lights installed in the car, I have always had the 'ambient light' button in the MCU (it never did anything obviously). My car was made back in the days where 'Tech Package' was a thing, which my car has. I wonder if they just pushed it out in the software to all old S's at one point.

I feel like my car was a bit of a mutt (transition car). I have the tech package and parking sensors, but no folding mirrors. The mirrors are heated and auto-dimming though... hah. I was missing some lighting in the doors and the trunk (which I added).
Looking forward to getting this nice feature for the interior of my car.