Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legend of Lightning Green

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news. I'll get the car in... TWO WEEKS or later. No joke.

:scared: So sorry to hear this again Dragon. I was sure you would get your Roadster before us, because ours has been delayed more than two weeks by production/shipping issues.

Now ours is close to shipping and obviously will not have the "paperwork" problem you are having; we may get it in 10 days or so.

How much is the total delay now for you? 2 months past the original delivery date?

Nice vid...great production & execution.

That ramp gave me the "willies :scared:" though...the larger 9 car Plycon truck brought my Roadster...the driver just backed it off the upper level onto the tailgate platform & lowered it to the ground...

That ramp gave me the "willies :scared:" though...the larger 9 car Plycon truck brought my Roadster...the driver just backed it off the upper level onto the tailgate platform & lowered it to the ground...

One of the things they don't remember to tell you when you pick up your car at the Menlo Park factory is that the driveway out is such that you'll literally scrape the bottom of your brand new Roadster before it hits a public road!:crying:

Luckily, I had driven a test drive Roadster there a week earlier to check out upholstery options - and i scraped that car instead. It turns out the only thing that gets scraped are some bolt heads toward the front, so no big deal.

But I knew for my car to drive it off the lot slowly at an angle.

BTW, here are some cars waiting for final processing at Menlo this morning:

img3063gy.jpg

I've seen a video on Youtube were some guys start a test drive from Menlo Park. They drive slowly but immediately scrape the car.
After seeing this ramp build up I just wonder how they will deliver my car. I'm a bit scared to be honest.

I've seen a video on Youtube were some guys start a test drive from Menlo Park. They drive slowly but immediately scrape the car.
After seeing this ramp build up I just wonder how they will deliver my car. I'm a bit scared to be honest.

That parking lot exit at the Menlo Park store is nasty! Every time I had my car there for various services, the service person (hi Jake!) reminds me to take that exit at an angle.
In general, that's the trick to go over steep curbs and ramps: one wheel at a time. In extreme cases, one of the front wheels will lift off the ground completely!
I once heard a very loud scraping sound while driving off a small ferry boat at low tide. I stopped to look for damage expecting a destroyed front bumper, but could not find any damage! (for those of you in Northern California, this is short ferry on highway 84 in the Delta area).