TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Legend of Lightning Green

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by Dragon, May 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Dragon

Dragon Member

Great news. I'll get the car in... TWO WEEKS or later. No joke.

2. Slackjaw

Slackjaw Member

:scared: So sorry to hear this again Dragon. I was sure you would get your Roadster before us, because ours has been delayed more than two weeks by production/shipping issues.

Now ours is close to shipping and obviously will not have the "paperwork" problem you are having; we may get it in 10 days or so.

How much is the total delay now for you? 2 months past the original delivery date?

3. Dragon

Dragon Member

Yep. I'm flabbergasted by so much incompetence.
    This time they said they had issues cause they did not pay enough added value tax to the authorities.

4. Nichen

Nichen Member

Dragon, I am totally sorry about this. I've been reading the forum every single day now hoping to see your final delivery. I guess Italian authorities are anti EV and pro Ferrari and Lamborghini :mad:

5. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

If its any consolation, Lightning's sister Evie is in the shop for an aircon repair:-(

6. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Sorry to hear about your delay too. My Roadster has been on vacation in Chicago since late May getting its air conditioning fixed too. Should be back today! It's like getting the Roadster all over again.

7. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

What happened? The 400volt module blew on mine (and seemed to takeout fuse in battery as well).

8. Mitrovic

Mitrovic Member

Bad news, but on the brigt side: Die Vorfreude ist die schönste Freude!
    You will love it even better when you finally get it!

So you think I do not have to wait that Tesla Milano has working HPC's again?

9. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Some sensor that measured the in-cabin temperature stopped working. Because of that, the air conditioning wouldn't turn on. Finally have it back. Looks sweet with the clear coat CF hard top too.

10. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

That's a beautiful color choice, Dragon.

Hopefully the car will get into your hands soon so you can have the perma-EV grin the Roadster dishes out to its drivers (and passengers!) :biggrin:

11. Dragon

Dragon Member

#31 Dragon, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    People are mocking me. That's like my car, except the hardtop. Damn.

12. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Nice vid...great production & execution.

That ramp gave me the "willies :scared:" though...the larger 9 car Plycon truck brought my Roadster...the driver just backed it off the upper level onto the tailgate platform & lowered it to the ground...

13. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Not sure why we saw packing twice. many cameras can = good editing

How'd they get their plate so fast?

14. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

One of the things they don't remember to tell you when you pick up your car at the Menlo Park factory is that the driveway out is such that you'll literally scrape the bottom of your brand new Roadster before it hits a public road!:crying:

Luckily, I had driven a test drive Roadster there a week earlier to check out upholstery options - and i scraped that car instead. It turns out the only thing that gets scraped are some bolt heads toward the front, so no big deal.

But I knew for my car to drive it off the lot slowly at an angle.

BTW, here are some cars waiting for final processing at Menlo this morning:

[​IMG]

15. Dragon

Dragon Member

I've seen a video on Youtube were some guys start a test drive from Menlo Park. They drive slowly but immediately scrape the car.
    After seeing this ramp build up I just wonder how they will deliver my car. I'm a bit scared to be honest.

16. dwegmull

dwegmull 2013 Model S 85

That parking lot exit at the Menlo Park store is nasty! Every time I had my car there for various services, the service person (hi Jake!) reminds me to take that exit at an angle.
    In general, that's the trick to go over steep curbs and ramps: one wheel at a time. In extreme cases, one of the front wheels will lift off the ground completely!
    I once heard a very loud scraping sound while driving off a small ferry boat at low tide. I stopped to look for damage expecting a destroyed front bumper, but could not find any damage! (for those of you in Northern California, this is short ferry on highway 84 in the Delta area).

17. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I've heard many a car scrape over that parking lot exit. I'm surprised they never did anything to fix it.

18. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

I went at it at .1 mph at an angle and scraped too.

19. TEG

TEG Teslafanatic

Not only the scrape angle, but a big pothole for a while right there too.

20. bonnie

bonnie I play a nice person on twitter.

I scraped once ... now I drive around the back side of the Menlo Park building and out the other side (where the stoplight is) - and still take that at an angle, slowly - but no scrape there. And yes, Jake is the BEST.