Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lemon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6 months in and 3k miles, so far, the entire electric harness had to be replaced, then two weeks later no heat. The vehicle has been in service for several weeks since ownership. 70k cash money spent for the Y performance and while I love the driving and tech, car is totally unreliable.

Reactions: Terminator857
The vehicle has been in service for several weeks since ownership

"Vehicle in for service several weeks" is normally a lemon law threshhold. A quick google seems to indicate that "several weeks in for service" would meet the threshhold in boston mass. Since you feel this way, I am assuming you have proceeded with filing said lemon law claim?

6 months in and 3k miles, so far, the entire electric harness had to be replaced, then two weeks later no heat. The vehicle has been in service for several weeks since ownership. 70k cash money spent for the Y performance and while I love the driving and tech, car is totally unreliable.
Hope you opted out of the arbitration clause.

Hope you opted out of the arbitration clause.
Dang - thanks for flagging this, I never would have thought to opt out.

Found this on Reddit, which still seems to be accurate (same language is in my order agreement):

To opt out, write a letter to:

Tesla, Inc.
PO Box 15430
Fremont, CA 94539-7970

Your letter needs to include:

• Your name
  • Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
  • Intent to opt out of the arbitration provision
If you paid your $2500 deposit on 6/27 when the remaining reservations opened, you should notify Tesla by 7/27 to be safe, so mail your letter by 7/23.

There are plenty of cars around here with broken heating. There is a huge issue with heat pumps currently. Cars stay at dealers for weeks as they are waiting for parts. That's not a new thing. I thought NHTSA was investigating... Transport Canada sure are.

But since that is a known flaw that will probably have a recall, does that qualify as a lemon? The electric harness is a separate thing but really, it's just one issue and one known "recall/problem".