Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let the hacking begin... (Model S parts on the bench)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes sense as a natural upgrade. I wonder if the current image files for Model S cars include 100kWh battery support. Also, I wonder if there will be a 100D non-P battery, or if the 100kWh will be exclusive to the performance models (somehow I doubt that though)

Pure speculation:
I think that Tesla are likely to go for 80-85kWh and 100kWh as the new models in the lineup, and the 3 will have 70kWh base and 80-85kWh upgraded packs, this all using 20700 gigafactory cells.

Okay, I'm not afraid to admit it.

Someone please explain this in plain (non-electrical engineering nerd, reverse hash, blah etc... terms)! :biggrin:

Jason (@wk057) has hacked his Tesla such that he can monitor firmware updates and actually visualize the code within before/after updates are sent to the car. Tesla sometimes embeds "dormant" code that could be used in the future. In this case, it seems he's discovered code referring to a "P100D", a configuration which of course doesn't exist yet.

He simply encoded the text "P100D" in a SHA-256 (type of encryption) hash and posted it on Twitter for the world to discover.

No surprise, since EM had also advised that people with 85's to not upgrade, at the time of the 90 introduction. Plus there is a pathway to increasing battery capacity per yer.

I'm gng to the mercedes (insert other car manuf) and see if they can upgrade my car's engine-gas tank...