Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's hope that hardcore litigation team is up and running

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But why do they need access to your bank details?

Spinning up environments, making sure everything is ticking along nicely, developing or maintaining new services, etc. Don't require you to have access to customer bank details.

If you need dummy data for load testing you use anonomised data not live customer data.
A lot of guess work here, it is a vague job title that could mean an administrator for the database storing the information.

The principal of least access holds, it may well have been applied in this case - from the outside we simply do not know. Relavat bodies are able ask the right questions.

As was pointed out earlier, a true whistleblower would have looked to provide evidence of the wrongdoing against the law. I would expect that the news agency would have a duty within the EU to pass any such evidence to the appropriate authorities to properly investigate.

Until that happens it is all just speculation and axe grinding….

(That was not directed at you Zilla91… just the general responses to this thread!)

Reactions: Zilla91
As eluded too in the article, Handelsblatt have been using some of the customer information they received to investigate unusual incidents with the cars and how Tesla dealt with the complaints.

I was surprised that a newspaper had managed to get hold of my personal details when they contacted me in Feb.

• Informative
Reactions: Zilla91
Been there thanks. Got the T-shirt. Did the class action. That was my entre to the world of Tesla some six years ago. History repeats in different but not dissimilar ways 👍
I mean, come on….
I’m just as vocal against the Tesla arrogance as the next man but…. without minimising the cock-up that this data breach may represent (let’s wait for the facts to be known), the other one was an active, conscious fraudulent attempt at circumventing the law. You can’t lump the two anywhere near the same category, surely?

• Love
Reactions: EVMeister