Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk financing rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you select Tesla as your financing option after configuring the Model 3? I was a bit confused by that option as I wasn't sure if I could select that then change to a credit union at a later date.

Also, did they do a credit pull prior to providing the VIN?

When you select Tesla financing, it doesn’t run credit or anything, it will tell you to return when your VIN number is assigned. Then you’ll get a notification to fill our the rest of the credit application. Even then you can change it from Tesla financing to cash or own financing. You’re not locked into anything.

Dropping in to share my experience getting financing. As many before me in this thread have, I first tried with Ryan @ FPCU in Irvine.

I asked a few specific questions up front, main one being what kind of rates FPCU could offer with no money down. I received a prompt, boilerplate response that completely ignored my question. I followed up with a reply to Ryan, asking again, what rates they could offer with no money down, and have received no response. So, unless you're looking to put 15% down, don't waste your breath or keystrokes contacting Ryan at FPCU.

Alternatively, I reached out to XCFU and received a follow up phone call 24 hours later from Alfredo. He was able to offer me 2.4%, $0 down, 72 months - and that is what I'm moving forward with. I do have a 800 FICO score, so I'm sure it helped a bit, but for anyone in a similar situation as myself, give Xceed a shot.

Dropping in to share my experience getting financing. As many before me in this thread have, I first tried with Ryan @ FPCU in Irvine.

I asked a few specific questions up front, main one being what kind of rates FPCU could offer with no money down. I received a prompt, boilerplate response that completely ignored my question. I followed up with a reply to Ryan, asking again, what rates they could offer with no money down, and have received no response. So, unless you're looking to put 15% down, don't waste your breath or keystrokes contacting Ryan at FPCU.

Alternatively, I reached out to XCFU and received a follow up phone call 24 hours later from Alfredo. He was able to offer me 2.4%, $0 down, 72 months - and that is what I'm moving forward with. I do have a 800 FICO score, so I'm sure it helped a bit, but for anyone in a similar situation as myself, give Xceed a shot.

Did you just signed up online? What was the process like? Do you have a direct contact?

...was baited and switched by FPCU twice 2 days before taking delivery on the 28th..one with stated 1.99 lock which I have emails stating such and two being able to take advantage of 2.24 72 month promo rate via text..

...delayed delivery a week and now in the hands of another credit union with the same original terms as EV gets 0.50% discount and going through approval and funding..Tesla stated they will put the car back into the queue if I don't take delivery this Saturday..

...Ryan misrepresented the terms..if he knew what he was doing i would have secured another loan with the more favorable terms with the lender i am going with now and wouldn't be going through this and pracically nagging and begging to rush my application..

...I am hopeful it will work out and if anything as Tesla registers car under the owner..I am sure it may be an issue to register under someone else?

It's my first time getting an auto loan so bare with me.

I called FPCU and they told me that while the financing amount is locked in for 60 days, the rate can still change. Even if I lock in at 2.25%, does that mean that the APR will fluctuate with market/Fed rates throughout the life of the loan? In a sense, does it mean none of the rates are fixed for auto-loans anywhere?

...don't believe anything they say..

Looks like the 3.25% is where Tesla is at. Ryan over at FPCU must be getting a ton of business right now. At 2.24% (72-month term) they have the lowest rates around (unfortunately I missed out on the 1.99% they were offering last week). CA Credit Union is offering 2.39% but I haven't enjoyed the back and forth with them. Ryan has been good to work with. He seems very busy, but responsive.
...ever think why he is advertising on a tesla forum? he will bait and switch you when loan documents are being generated and change the terms hoping you didn't secure another loan. he hopes your take his terms since delivery has been scheduled..good luck..

...go with anyone else than fpcu and ryan..you'll regret it if you don't..there's a reason why he will work someway to get you to be a member even though you don't qualify to be in their service area..

Yes, filled out their online application for auto financing and was contacted by phone 24 hours later. Very smooth process.

My direct contact is Alfredo Reyes: [email protected]
Just FYI I reached out to Alfredo and he was quick to respond. If I apply and get pre-approved he stated that it would be good for 45 days which is great as the standard for most banks is 30 days.
Thanks for sharing.