Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk financing rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super good credit around 800 with a medium amount of assets. I was really happy to get the Unsecured loan.
Happy for you man! Curious, what was your specific process? Did you apply for any loan at lightstream and then get approved; then applied at some other CU with a lower APR and get approved there; then... send a rate beat with all the necessary info to Lightstream? @BlackM3

I wish Allegacy was more communicative. I sent more requested docs today, hopefully that will be all and It'll be finished and ready to send me a check in the morning. I'm supposed to be picking up my car on Saturday so I'm getting nervous. I did tell them this, more than once. It doesn't help that Tesla is being slow, too. I only got a final purchase agreement to (digitally) sign on Tuesday afternoon.

Happy for you man! Curious, what was your specific process? Did you apply for any loan at lightstream and then get approved; then applied at some other CU with a lower APR and get approved there; then... send a rate beat with all the necessary info to Lightstream? @BlackM3
Yes that's exactly what happened. Applied online at Lightstream first, preapproved for unsecured loan. Then applied online for secured loan at credit union for same loan amount, and asked for preapproval letter. Lightstream beat the rate listed on preapproval letter, and Lightstream loan is still unsecured.

Yes that's exactly what happened. Applied online at Lightstream first, preapproved for unsecured loan. Then applied online for secured loan at credit union for same loan amount, and asked for preapproval letter. Lightstream beat the rate listed on preapproval letter, and Lightstream loan is still unsecured.
if anything, how did you manage to get the CU you used to put all the necessary information in the pre-approval letter? so that Lightstream could rate beat

if anything, how did you manage to get the CU you used to put all the necessary information in the pre-approval letter? so that Lightstream could rate beat
I applied at 3 credit unions for preapproval. i requested preapproval letters from all 3 that included the rate and terms, only 1 credit union agreed and wrote up the letter with that info. It wasn't the lowest rate but it was pretty low at 2.49% for 60 months, so I got 2.39% for 60 months at LightStream now and I'm really happy to be ready to pick up the Model 3 soon, it's such a fun car to drive.

Another option for those in LA , LA Financial is 1.99% for 60 months so going with LightStream got me 1.89% and save a few bucks a month, I was actually going to go with LA Financial as they have a brick and mortar location close by in Pasadena, but when my VIN got reassigned and delivery got cancelled , I used that hiccup to go back to LightStream and save alittle over $100 bucks for the next 60 months

Reactions: eyespii
Has anyone used Tower Federal Credit Union for their loan or to do the Rate Beat with Lightstream? I’m wondering what Tower’s signup process is - like how much you have to donate to their charity to join and whether or not you can get your loan terms from them before you have to join.