Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That seems quite high. Do you drive aggressively or use the heater a lot?

I live on a fairly significant hill and my commute is only 5.5 miles each way. In the morning my trip is usually about 175, on the way homes it’s usually 300-400. Was 400 in the winter, closer to 300 now that the weather is in the 60s. Im guessing the short trips are keeping the efficiently less ideal. I have just over 4,000 miles in 8 months.

I keep the interior temp at 68 degrees

Hmm mine is still 278 LR RWD with Aeros. WA state. My drives have been in the 240s with the nicer weather recently. Car will be a year old in Aug so we will see what the true efficiency is at that point.

Lifetime = 171(Wh/km)*1.6 = 273.6Wh/mi (Been a long winter in Ontario Canada). Still single digit °C overnight and in the morning.

Warmer months with Aeros = 120*1.6 = 192Wh/mi :)

I live on a fairly significant hill and my commute is only 5.5 miles each way. In the morning my trip is usually about 175, on the way homes it’s usually 300-400. Was 400 in the winter, closer to 300 now that the weather is in the 60s. Im guessing the short trips are keeping the efficiently less ideal. I have just over 4,000 miles in 8 months.

I keep the interior temp at 68 degrees
That explains it. Hills are very bad for efficiency. Short trips don't help either.

That explains it. Hills are very bad for efficiency. Short trips don't help either.

Short trips WITHOUT heat are fine. It's the short trips with heater on that are costly.
Also lots of traffic is a killer with heat, because the heater is running while you sit there.
With no heat in traffic it's not bad either.

My commute is VERY short. I shut the heat OFF as soon as I could stand it ;) And I typically get 220 wh/mi to work and 180 wh/mi back and that is on a 5 mile commute. No highway though. Plenty of hills. AWD.

But even with the Heat off, the car definitely likes it better when it's warmer. Very cool spring so far.

Currently at 302 wh/mi. P3D Stealth. 13xxx miles, took delivery at the end of September, so mostly cold weather miles. Mostly highway (60 mph) and interstate (80 mph) driving with very little "city" or "stop and go" driving. Also, one of my FAVORITE THINGS TO DO EVER is to STOMP on it at stoplights..so...there is that. ;)

I mean, 302 wh/mi is still over 100 mpge. I'm good with that. :D

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Currently at 302 wh/mi. P3D Stealth. 13xxx miles, took delivery at the end of September, so mostly cold weather miles. Mostly highway (60 mph) and interstate (80 mph) driving with very little "city" or "stop and go" driving. Also, one of my FAVORITE THINGS TO DO EVER is to STOMP on it at stoplights..so...there is that. ;)

Cold weather + Pedal to the metal :D (kmc = km Charged, kmd = km Driven)

Model 3 kW Log

upload_2019-4-30_13-53-55.png

That's crazy high. Do you track the car, or just hoon around town that much?

I ask because I've been on full tracks 4 times, auto-x 4 times, 2 nights of full throttle down an 1/8th mile track, daily drive on sticky 265 tires, and I'm at 321 Wh/mi with 14,600 miles.
I live off back country roads 20 min from a city. I make it my track, hence the high number. 19” wheels and 14 months of driving, on my second set of tires. It’s mostly work commute. First half fun, second half autopilot through the city. I bought the right car to enjoy life.

I live off back country roads 20 min from a city. I make it my track, hence the high number. 19” wheels and 14 months of driving, on my second set of tires. It’s mostly work commute. First half fun, second half autopilot through the city. I bought the right car to enjoy life.

Ah, nice. I'm all city driving, so I'll see the occasional 250 Wh/mi due to slow traffic.

Reactions: Thomas Edison