Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifted Model Y Owners: Report!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed the same. Until 65 or so the GPS speed and car speedometer show the same. After that speedometer is off for 1 mile or so. Regarding range I have exactly the same % left on the battery as when I rode without the Gemini covers, the same route. (Coming from 90%, average 70mph not faster than 80.) When I left the supercharger it indicate 7% left @arrival I arrived with 16%. I will try changing the wheel configuration to see if the estimate gets better.

Just finished my build. Made it less efficient but more purpose-driven since I drive it on dirt roads and snow

Parts I used:
1. Rhino Rack Pioneer Rack
2. Rhino Rack Light brackets
3. Baja Design XT Linkable front lights
4. Baja Design Rear Working lights
5. Auxbeam switch box with controller
6. T Sportline 18" wheels with Falken Wildpeak A/T tires 255/55/18
7. 5mm spacers
8. T Sportline 1.8" Lift
This looks great! Is the Rhino rack a universal fit? Or a specific size? And how did you manage to route the wiring for the lights to inside the car?

I don't see this posted here yet so I'll leave this here: 5.5"-8" lift kit including long travel control arms and custom subframe, etc. It's about $10k from China. Just the prototype so far but I believe a few of the first customers are getting theirs in the next few months.

1692391759742.png

I don't see this posted here yet so I'll leave this here: 5.5"-8" lift kit including long travel control arms and custom subframe, etc. It's about $10k from China. Just the prototype so far but I believe a few of the first customers are getting theirs in the next few months.

View attachment 966254
I wonder what's the labor like for getting that kit installed :x
looks awesome though I can't help but to wish Tesla would have graced us with slightly larger wheel wells
Would also love to see a (short) video of it in action, just how much can the wheel articulate..

View attachment 966254
Following. Just picked up my MYLR two weeks ago and have been following this thread prior to purchase. Coming from a 4Runner on 35s, it has been an interesting adjustment. Looking forward to seeing what this does.

Anyone running 245/60-18"? I know that 255/55-18" is what most are running for Overlanding, but the 245/60-18" would get an extra 1/4' ground clearance and is listed by Martian Wheels as a recommended size.

Planning on doing either Tsportline lift kit, or MPP lift kit. Tsportline claims you don't need the rear camber arms with theirs, has anyone installed this and gotten a good alignment without the camber arms?

For going on rough fire roads in CO to remote trailheads is the skid plate a worthwhile add on?

Reactions: PNWLeccy
Anyone running 245/60-18"? I know that 255/55-18" is what most are running for Overlanding, but the 245/60-18" would get an extra 1/4' ground clearance and is listed by Martian Wheels as a recommended size.

Planning on doing either Tsportline lift kit, or MPP lift kit. Tsportline claims you don't need the rear camber arms with theirs, has anyone installed this and gotten a good alignment without the camber arms?

For going on rough fire roads in CO to remote trailheads is the skid plate a worthwhile add on?

yes. 29.5" is the biggest you can run before rubbing without modifications. i had some minor rubbing at full crank with 29.6" (245/60r18)

Can anyone tell me what the main difference is between MPP's spacer kit and T-Sportline's? I've been noticing that several people that went with MPP's kit went for camber or toe arms to ensure proper alignment. I haven't seen this with the T-Sportline kit and T-Sportline mentioned they didn't have alignment issues and had no need for camber/toe arms.

I just want to make sure I understand everything before moving forward.

Reactions: Skavatar
Can anyone tell me what the main difference is between MPP's spacer kit and T-Sportline's? I've been noticing that several people that went with MPP's kit went for camber or toe arms to ensure proper alignment. I haven't seen this with the T-Sportline kit and T-Sportline mentioned they didn't have alignment issues and had no need for camber/toe arms.

I just want to make sure I understand everything before moving forward.
The two are virtually the same, both could benefit from the rear camber arms, slight variations in manufacturing of your vehicle could translate to needing it more or less, not a deal breaker either way.
As for reasons to go one or the other, MPP pioneered the vertical spacer for the Model 3 and Y, the rest are pretty much copies of their work, you can see it with some other parts too (ex, there's another brand that makes Camber Adjustable Front Upper Control Arms 'just like' MPP's, claims innovation but was released way after MPP's .. you can draw your own conclusions).
One sure reason to go MPP, for me, is their level of communication, they respond quickly, sometimes even if you aren't their costumer, which is commendable. Meanwhile their competition (esp with some of the coilovers) have been found to have just a bad product (making lots of sounds during operation) and pretty much just left people hanging - never got back to them, or did with unhelpful info, dragging their feet and claiming "within spec". You can search the forms and find out.

Speaking of ground clearance, the Comfort Adjustable Coilovers for Tesla Model Y by MPP can be set to a ride height that is 1" higher than stock height, this is not the suspension's MAX height (it is advised not to be at the absolute max as that results in bad driving experience), a little on the pricy side but if you wanted a whole extra inch .. that's one thing you could do (in conjunction with the lift kit and the big tires)

The two are virtually the same, both could benefit from the rear camber arms, slight variations in manufacturing of your vehicle could translate to needing it more or less, not a deal breaker either way.
As for reasons to go one or the other, MPP pioneered the vertical spacer for the Model 3 and Y, the rest are pretty much copies of their work, you can see it with some other parts too (ex, there's another brand that makes Camber Adjustable Front Upper Control Arms 'just like' MPP's, claims innovation but was released way after MPP's .. you can draw your own conclusions).
One sure reason to go MPP, for me, is their level of communication, they respond quickly, sometimes even if you aren't their costumer, which is commendable. Meanwhile their competition (esp with some of the coilovers) have been found to have just a bad product (making lots of sounds during operation) and pretty much just left people hanging - never got back to them, or did with unhelpful info, dragging their feet and claiming "within spec". You can search the forms and find out.

Speaking of ground clearance, the Comfort Adjustable Coilovers for Tesla Model Y by MPP can be set to a ride height that is 1" higher than stock height, this is not the suspension's MAX height (it is advised not to be at the absolute max as that results in bad driving experience), a little on the pricy side but if you wanted a whole extra inch .. that's one thing you could do (in conjunction with the lift kit and the big tires)
Perfect, thanks for your response!

There are a lot of folks running 245/60R18 here.

Currently looking at the Tsportline TST 18" AT Wildpeak or the Drag DR-83 with the same tire.

Additionally either the 1.8 TSportline lift, or the MPP 1.75" lift.

These comments have been very useful during the research.

Any recommendations for install shops in Minnesota? Or thoughts on the above?

Thanks

Quick question, I’ve been seeing many people have been using gen 2 Model 3 Aero wheels. What’s the main difference between Gen 2 and Gen 1? I may not have been looking hard enough but haven’t found a major difference yet.

With the back order log on methods and black rhinos, I’m considering picking up a set of these instead and pairing it with 255/55/18 Wildpeaks.

Quick question, I’ve been seeing many people have been using gen 2 Model 3 Aero wheels. What’s the main difference between Gen 2 and Gen 1? I may not have been looking hard enough but haven’t found a major difference yet.

With the back order log on methods and black rhinos, I’m considering picking up a set of these instead and pairing it with 255/55/18 Wildpeaks.
If I remember right the load capacity on Gen 2 is higher and needed for weight of Y

Reactions: Atraf
Currently looking at the Tsportline TST 18" AT Wildpeak or the Drag DR-83 with the same tire.

Additionally either the 1.8 TSportline lift, or the MPP 1.75" lift.

These comments have been very useful during the research.

Any recommendations for install shops in Minnesota? Or thoughts on the above?

Thanks
Mpp made the original kit and it's excellent. I got the adjustable rear links too.

T sportline is just a copy. I'm not sure if they are even a different height. I bet they're the same.

Delta4x4 is also a copy but it comes with a Tüv certificate for use in Europe.

You can pair any of those with MPP comfort adjustable coilovers for a softer ride.

UPP has a mud snow coilovers kit that adds a similar height and adjustable suspension but the quality was problematic in the past and they are not transparent in sales tactics and specifications. You don't really know what you're getting for a lot of money.

Pu.labo makes the 2.5"-5" adjustable lift kit but it's $12k. It's the next level up if you really want to go nuts.

You can pair any of those with MPP comfort adjustable coilovers for a softer ride.
I am looking to improve my stock 2021 MYLR suspension to something more comfortable and get a small lift (~1/2"). I've grown to hate the stock suspension and the bumper-to-bumper warranty expires soon anyway. I also drive a lot of dirt roads and a very small lift would be helpful.

Do you have an opinion if the my best option is the MPP comfort adjustable and spacers or should I get the MPP comfort adjustable and the MPP lift kit?

I am looking to improve my stock 2021 MYLR suspension to something more comfortable and get a small lift (~1/2"). I've grown to hate the stock suspension and the bumper-to-bumper warranty expires soon anyway. I also drive a lot of dirt roads and a very small lift would be helpful.

Do you have an opinion if the my best option is the MPP comfort adjustable and spacers or should I get the MPP comfort adjustable and the MPP lift kit?
You should trade in on a 2023. The MPP Comfort Coilovers did not improve the ride at all for my 2022 MYLR (and I had switched to oversized 255/55-18 tires). Finally upgraded to a 2023 MYP and the ride is better even on the 21"s!

You should trade in on a 2023. The MPP Comfort Coilovers did not improve the ride at all for my 2022 MYLR (and I had switched to oversized 255/55-18 tires). Finally upgraded to a 2023 MYP and the ride is better even on the 21"s!
Don't really want to buy a new car... but I asked my service center to sell me the newest version suspension components and they wouldn't.