Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifted Model Y Owners: Report!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't really want to buy a new car... but I asked my service center to sell me the newest version suspension components and they wouldn't.
It's been done here.

• Informative
Reactions: Skavatar and Atraf
I have a 2023 MYLR. I'm about to pull the trigger on a T-Sportline 1.8" lift, along with 18" RTX Spider wheels with 255/55/18 Falkens. I mainly want to explore unmaintained forest roads in the Jefferson and George Washington national forests. Anybody have any regrets doing these upgrades? Anything I should be aware of? Thanks.

So I did my first ride after installing 18" wheels and Toyo 255/55/18. I couldn't compare with stock as I only drove stock tires for 15 miles to get to the tire shop. I'm getting around 200 miles of range with dirt bike on a hitch carrier. Not bad but I'm curious what range everyone is getting after this setup?
I already bought MPP lift kit and camber to install in a few days .. I was anxious if the range will go down significantly more?
HELP! 2023 MYP, Installed Wildpeaks 255/55/18 on Tsports day before leaving on a 2000 mile road trip. 2 bicycles on a one up hitch rack and getting 400 wh/mile never going above 70mph, but not much under either. Will try taking some backroads the next day at slower speeds to see how much a difference there is. On 100 mile round trips in the mountains of CO I was getting closer to 300wh/m on the uber turbines, but I think there must have been some traffic those days with slower avg speeds? It’s always challenging doing long distance trip planning with the bikes on the back.
How much if that range hit is just the tires?

I have a 2023 MYLR. I'm about to pull the trigger on a T-Sportline 1.8" lift, along with 18" RTX Spider wheels with 255/55/18 Falkens. I mainly want to explore unmaintained forest roads in the Jefferson and George Washington national forests. Anybody have any regrets doing these upgrades? Anything I should be aware of? Thanks.

consider getting alum skid plate too

Reactions: DrGriz
Anyone knows if you need to adjust the fuca height after installing the MPP lift kit?
The default ride height is set at 60mm for the fuca which is held by two bolts on the side with rubber bushing. Now that we stretch the fuca with the lift kit I assume more pressure in that bushing?
IMG_7380.jpeg

Anyone knows if you need to adjust the fuca height after installing the MPP lift kit?
The default ride height is set at 60mm for the fuca which is held by two bolts on the side with rubber bushing. Now that we stretch the fuca with the lift kit I assume more pressure in that bushing?View attachment 992560

Anytime you raise or lower a vehicle, you should ALWAYS stress-relieve rubber bushings; they do not rotate freely like spherical or poly bushings.

You can do this either by resetting the neutral position for the arm while everything is disassembled (a bit tricky as it will be imprecise), or do it putting everything back together with the rubber bushing bolts loose and then re-tightening when the vehicle is settled under its own weight.

Anytime you raise or lower a vehicle, you should ALWAYS stress-relieve rubber bushings; they do not rotate freely like spherical or poly bushings.

You can do this either by resetting the neutral position for the arm while everything is disassembled (a bit tricky as it will be imprecise), or do it putting everything back together with the rubber bushing bolts loose and then re-tightening when the vehicle is settled under its own weight.
That makes sense, just double checking as I don’t see this mentioned anywhere here nor in YouTube videos

@diesel733 I‘m doing something very similar and was planning on using Rhino Rack’s Pioneer rack as well. Which size did you go with? I’m going to guess the large but want to confirm before I order. Thanks in advance. I saw someone else asked but didn’t see a reply so not sure if you just DM’d them or perhaps never saw the question.

HELP! 2023 MYP, Installed Wildpeaks 255/55/18 on Tsports day before leaving on a 2000 mile road trip. 2 bicycles on a one up hitch rack and getting 400 wh/mile never going above 70mph, but not much under either. Will try taking some backroads the next day at slower speeds to see how much a difference there is. On 100 mile round trips in the mountains of CO I was getting closer to 300wh/m on the uber turbines, but I think there must have been some traffic those days with slower avg speeds? It’s always challenging doing long distance trip planning with the bikes on the back.
How much if that range hit is just the tires?
The Wildpeaks are about a 10% range hit. The lift is 5%. Your bike rack is the rest.

I pick up my '23 MYLR in Midnight Silver Metallic in three days! So excited. First new car I've purchased in about 12 years. I live in the mountains in Colorado on a dirt/mud/gravel road and am coming from a lifted 4runner on 33's. We get over 350" of snow a year and sometimes it takes a day until our road gets plowed after a storm, even with a foot of snow. This thread is amazing and has really help accelerate the research knowing what combinations will work. Thanks for all the MY owners that have been experimenting!

I have already ordered the MPP spacer lift and camber arms. About to pull the trigger on Method 502's. I used to own a WRX and want to build out my Y with a bit of a rally look to it. Nothing big, probably just the lift, mudflaps, and 502's with snow or A/Ts. If I go A/Ts I can try to run them all winter and summer and switch to stock Gemini's for range on road trips. If I do snow tires on the methods, then I'll have to run stock Gemini's all summer and road trips, which will look a bit silly with the lift. Still trying to decide on the best approach here. I'm sure the Y would just rail on true snow tires :)

Aren't Rubber Bushings better for flexing and twisting over Polyurethane Bushings? On Offroad and very rough Dirt Roads you want as much flex and wheel travel as possible.
No. Poly bushings are essentially a bearing. The inner metal bushing can rotate freely. Rubber bushing, however, are bonded to the inner metal bushing. Rotating requires the rubber to stretch.

I pick up my '23 MYLR in Midnight Silver Metallic in three days! So excited. First new car I've purchased in about 12 years. I live in the mountains in Colorado on a dirt/mud/gravel road and am coming from a lifted 4runner on 33's. We get over 350" of snow a year and sometimes it takes a day until our road gets plowed after a storm, even with a foot of snow. This thread is amazing and has really help accelerate the research knowing what combinations will work. Thanks for all the MY owners that have been experimenting!

I have already ordered the MPP spacer lift and camber arms. About to pull the trigger on Method 502's. I used to own a WRX and want to build out my Y with a bit of a rally look to it. Nothing big, probably just the lift, mudflaps, and 502's with snow or A/Ts. If I go A/Ts I can try to run them all winter and summer and switch to stock Gemini's for range on road trips. If I do snow tires on the methods, then I'll have to run stock Gemini's all summer and road trips, which will look a bit silly with the lift. Still trying to decide on the best approach here. I'm sure the Y would just rail on true snow tires :)

For tires do some research into sizes and specifically widths. Narrower tires are more efficient but too narrow compromises high speed cornering on pavement. Narrower wheels are generally better and help protect the rims. Stock Teslas have really bad tire stretch and rims that are ridiculously wide. Always go with the smallest rim possible. T-sportline sells some expensive tire packages you could look at for inspiration.

If you have $12k lying around check out the 5" lift kit and long travel suspension.

Reactions: Skavatar