Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifted Model Y Owners: Report!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just thought to get the same exact thing going but position a camera on the front bumper, same kind of cable, to replace the same thing, so as far as the car knows its the rear facing camera but its actually front facing added camera
Oh gotcha. The problem is I would have no way to switch between camera feeds to the one I wanted. The way I have this now is one way or the other. I have to manual swap connections to get the other camera to work. You’re best route to take would be to get a video rear view mirror with a camera and install it up front or something similar to the Hansshow F68 setup I’m using now.

Oh gotcha. The problem is I would have no way to switch between camera feeds to the one I wanted. The way I have this now is one way or the other. I have to manual swap connections to get the other camera to work. You’re best route to take would be to get a video rear view mirror with a camera and install it up front or something similar to the Hansshow F68 setup I’m using now.
Not exactly this but:
It should be possible to source a switcher so that one could toggle between the two (or in your case 3) cameras, no?
Or even something simpler, ex by splicing the cables and leading them all to a make shift switcher so that a toggle disconnects one but makes the other connect?
More research needed but end results could be a switch or button that lets you flick channels that are shown as the rear view camera on your car's main display

how many people's rear tires got positive camber after the lift?

are the MPP rear control arms and the -1' camber necessary if I don't plan to goto the track or go over 90mph on curves?
You 100% need some negative camber or you will destroy the outsides edges of your tires and the car won't have any rear end grip in corners. -0.7 to -1.0 is a great street setup.

• Informative
Reactions: Skavatar and Atraf
Not exactly this but:
It should be possible to source a switcher so that one could toggle between the two (or in your case 3) cameras, no?
Or even something simpler, ex by splicing the cables and leading them all to a make shift switcher so that a toggle disconnects one but makes the other connect?
More research needed but end results could be a switch or button that lets you flick channels that are shown as the rear view camera on your car's main display
You already have access to seeing your fender cams and backup cam at the push of a button. It would be way too much work for something you can just buy an aftermarket part to do for the same function. I’m happy with my setup as it is.

how many people's rear tires got positive camber after the lift?

are the MPP rear control arms and the -1' camber necessary if I don't plan to goto the track or go over 90mph on curves?
You’re going to at the bare minimum want adj. camber arms whether you’re lowering or lifting. I would even suggest doing toe links as well. I did a double lift and went with MPP spacers and UP Dirt & Snow coilovers and had no choice but to have to do UP’s front upper control arms because it was just way to out of spec to get away with. You can get away without the front arms with one or the other as far as lifts go because the lift isn’t that much. It will still be a little out of spec and you’ll have a bit of wear but it’s tolerable.

• Informative
Reactions: Skavatar