Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted Tesla T for nosecone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Aaron

Thanks Aaron. The lighting will be very challenging. I had about half a dozen plexiglass T's made up so I can experiment. Ideally it should be lit from the side but hiding the light source will be a bit tricky. I'm going to try LEDs, a rectangular EL panel under the T, and split EL tape.

BTW, will you be attending TESLIVE? It would be good to see you again.

Thanks Aaron. The lighting will be very challenging. I had about half a dozen plexiglass T's made up so I can experiment. Ideally it should be lit from the side but hiding the light source will be a bit tricky. I'm going to try LEDs, a rectangular EL panel under the T, and split EL tape.

BTW, will you be attending TESLIVE? It would be good to see you again.

I will be at Teslive!

Flying in Thursday night so I could take the Friday Factory Tour A! My flight out on Sunday is late so I'll be doing the Sunday drive as well riding shotgun with weccman!

Aaron

The design options are beginning to sort out. Basically it's some down to two, both illuminated by LEDs. I'll show both at TESLIVE before I post them here. They're not finished yet but should be in about a week, depending on how quickly the parts I need are provided by the vendors. The pieces that are most necessary are polished stainless steel overlays for the plexiglass T's. These have to be cut with a water jet, not a capability I have at home:)

The design options are beginning to sort out. Basically it's some down to two, both illuminated by LEDs. I'll show both at TESLIVE before I post them here. They're not finished yet but should be in about a week, depending on how quickly the parts I need are provided by the vendors. The pieces that are most necessary are polished stainless steel overlays for the plexiglass T's. These have to be cut with a water jet, not a capability I have at home:)

Can't wait to see! Bet its gonna be pretty amazing!

Sounds like I'll be taking a trip down to MD (again) in the near future :biggrin:

Aaron

Dude, there's a business here! These will sell like hot-cakes!
Can't wait to see.

Are there any laws that would prevent/restrict lighting the T on the tailgate? That would otherwise be cool too.

I don't think that there'd be a legal problem. In fact it could be set up with red LED's that would brighten when the brakes are applied.

But setting this up would be much harder than on the nosecone, as the tailgate T is mounted on sheet metal and would require drilling holes in the tailgate.