Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lightheaded from Red light launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So tonight I took my Perf Model 3 down to the Mississippi Gulf coast for the annual Cruzin the Coast event. It's a great event that last a week and all types of classic/performance cars cruise the 20 mile stretch of road running along the beach. It's like being on Woodard ave. in Detroit or Van Nuys Blvd in L.A. in the 60s. There are numerous red lights and it's just the luck of the draw if you will wind up first in line at a light and who may be beside you. Well one time I did wind up first in line and a newer model BMW 6 2 door was next to me. I could tell he was taking an interest in what was beside him and was goosing his engine a little bit. So I waited for him to make the first move when the light changed. Sure enough he got down on it. So I put the petal to the floor and I swear I got light headed the acceleration was so hard. All I could think was Damn!!
That bimmer was way back.
I used to have a Golf R and I just thought that car was quick. These Tesla's are on a whole different level.
Planning to go back Thursday and Friday :)

Reactions: MagnusMako