TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Lighting the front T on the Model X and facelift Model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by artsci, Sep 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. artsci

artsci Sponsor

We've got an interesting innovation in our development of a lighted T for the Model S and facelift Model S. Using a new film developed by 3M they'll both be front lit. The LEDs will be front facing, positioned under a film on the surface of the T and arch that's chrome when unlit, but lets through the light when the LEDs are turned on, and diffuses it as well. The molds have been designed so we're in a position to begin production as soon as a few key details have been resolved. The Ts will be sold via Evannex when they're ready.

The photo below show a very crude approximation of the effect.

LEDs off:

LEDs on:

• Like x 2
  2. Terry_B58

Terry_B58 Member

No photos visible !!

3. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Sorry the editing time limit expired before I could post them. Making them front lit will eliminate all of the annoying reflections that occur when they're side lit.

Here they are:

LEDs off:

[​IMG]

LEDs on:

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  4. Bound466

Bound466 Member

Wow. Sweet. It keeps getting better and better!

5. acaciolo

acaciolo Member

did this get anywhere? I've been messaging jurgen but he has replied for a few months.

6. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy P100D Upgrade complete

does it come in red? :D

7. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Jurgen has nothing to do with this. This is all being developed by me and will be sold through Evannex when we have production completed. We’re ready to begin production this week. Likely will have product for sale in about six weeks.

8. acaciolo

acaciolo Member

ahh...thought this was the same one Jurgen was working on! There have been so many ev-applique website iterations, I can't seem to remember who is doing what! I'll keep watching this thread. if you need anyone to help test, let me know. tony c

9. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

Front and rear lighted T's are now available (tesla-lights.net) with the model 3 rear T in its confirmation stage. Standard Colors for the front and rear lighted T for the model X and S will be CHROME, MULTI COAT RED and FLAT BLACK.

The one feature for the front light T that is in the design stage is for the front T to pulse green when the car is charging .

10. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy P100D Upgrade complete

#10 Tech_Guy, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    Sounds awesome can’t wait to see how it looks especially the multicoat red one!!

Also just looked high and low on your site don’t see these anywhere...

11. artsci

artsci Sponsor

When they're ready they'll be sold by Evannex.

• Like x 1
  12. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

I know Rick is pushing his light T and that is fine. You can purchase the FRONT and REAR lighted "T" for the model X or the model S
    at ( tesla-lights.net ) today. The standard colors for the front and rear "T's" are CHROME, MULTI COAT RED and FLAT BALCK . I try to keep at least three pieces of each color in stock. I just make up more as needed. IMG_1116.JPG
    The above picture is of the rear "T" for a model X . If I light it up you may not see the color red.. As I get pictures on cars I'll post them. The front "T" for the model X and face lift model "S" is a 15 minute install. The rear "T" will take about and hour unless you have the lighted applique. Then it becomes a 15 minute install again.

• Like x 1
  13. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

. IMG_1117.JPG

I wish I had a better camera take pictures but my phone will have to do. Picture on the left is a BLACK "T"
    with the stop light on. Picture in the right is a CHROME wish running lights IMG_1119.JPG T

The rear T's are fully assembled no need to reattach the plastic "T" removed from the truck.

14. acaciolo

acaciolo Member

Where to you tap power for the front T on the X?