Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Limited company purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have reserved a model 3 for collection from Brent Cross for Friday, what should I put down in the following fields so that the vehicle is owned by my company (eligible for first year allowance) and I can insure and drive !

Care Of - is it ok to put my name ?
Address - my company's registration address is my accountant's address, can I use my home address which is on my company bank account?

Excited to join Tesla family (changing from Mercedes GLA), thanks

I have reserved a model 3 for collection from Brent Cross for Friday, what should I put down in the following fields so that the vehicle is owned by my company (eligible for first year allowance) and I can insure and drive !

Care Of - is it ok to put my name ?
Address - my company's registration address is my accountant's address, can I use my home address which is on my company bank account?

Excited to join Tesla family (changing from Mercedes GLA), thanks
I put the invoice details to the limited company and then for the V5 forms I selected individual and filled the details out, got the V5 fine without any Care Of stuff, then when insuring say I say its owned by the company.

thank you very much, can you give out names of the insurance companies to get a quote, currently I am insured by Admiral with 15 years no claims discount, will this carry out for Model 3 even if it is owned by the company but driven by myself only ?

I put the invoice details to the limited company and then for the V5 forms I selected individual and filled the details out, got the V5 fine without any Care Of stuff, then when insuring say I say its owned by the company.
This is definitely the way to go. We asked Tesla to show wife as the R/K and they completely ignored us and showed the company as the R/K. They’ve since added the option to register to an individual. Insurance companies wanted a lot more for a car with a company as the R/K. They didn’t care about the owner. We ended up doing a change or R/K to show it to the wife, even though it meant adding a previous R/K. We checked with our insurance company and they didn’t recognise the C/O field, it’s meaningless.

Reactions: pk01
thank you very much, can you give out names of the insurance companies to get a quote, currently I am insured by Admiral with 15 years no claims discount, will this carry out for Model 3 even if it is owned by the company but driven by myself only ?
We’re with Admiral. As long as the car is registered in your name, you can get personal insurance.

ok so I need to get owner as my limited company and myself as the registered keeper, I understand V5 specifies the registered keeper, what decides the owner of the car? is it the invoice is issued in the companies name ? or something else ?

ok so I need to get owner as my limited company and myself as the registered keeper, I understand V5 specifies the registered keeper, what decides the owner of the car? is it the invoice is issued in the companies name ? or something else ?
When you place the order those details are used for the invoice unless you make changes after

got through someone at Tesla (after 60 min. wait) and now I can see company name on the final invoice and he changed V5 to my name and my home address. my account is off until new year, do you guys know if my company can pay for the car insurance ?

You can buy it and claim reimbursement from the company or you can have the company make the payment to the insurance company. Six of one or half a dozen of the other.

If you are moving your current NCB and insurance to the current car then your insurer will be well familiar with the deal.

got through someone at Tesla (after 60 min. wait) and now I can see company name on the final invoice and he changed V5 to my name and my home address. my account is off until new year, do you guys know if my company can pay for the car insurance ?
Wife pays with her Co. CC. Otherwise, we pay by any other means (I buy lots of stuff for our “company” car) and simply expense it to the company.

are there any reasons to buy other wall chargers ? I see Tesla Wall Connector is 7kw reasonably priced

Tesla has button to stop charge and release wand (if car unlocked) which can be more convenient than faffing with phone etc.

The cable on mine is substantial and will survive a lot of abuse.

I also have a Zappi - it is capable of diverting excess PV to the car (although having bought if for that purpose I've found that API is a better way of controlling that)

Anderson looks nice / tidy (they went bust but the new owners seems to be shaping up OK)

I would avoid thinking that a Smart Wall Charger has benefit. IME its much easier to tell the CAR what you want to have happen, and not the charger (more especially when you have 2+ chargers and 2+ EVs on your driveway).

Smart Chargers may also be subject to control from external sources in future - e.g. starting within a 30 minute window to spread-the-load, rather than when you need it to.

Tesla has button to stop charge and release wand (if car unlocked) which can be more convenient than faffing with phone etc.

The cable on mine is substantial and will survive a lot of abuse.

I also have a Zappi - it is capable of diverting excess PV to the car (although having bought if for that purpose I've found that API is a better way of controlling that)

Anderson looks nice / tidy (they went bust but the new owners seems to be shaping up OK)

I would avoid thinking that a Smart Wall Charger has benefit. IME its much easier to tell the CAR what you want to have happen, and not the charger (more especially when you have 2+ chargers and 2+ EVs on your driveway).

Smart Chargers may also be subject to control from external sources in future - e.g. starting within a 30 minute window to spread-the-load, rather than when you need it to.
Difficulty is many EVs think they’re smarter than the owner and won’t simply do as they’re told. Teslas have either a start charge time or end charge time. No option to tell it to charge only between two periods. Other EVs have similar silliness. Not much of an issue with a standard rate tariff, but gets expensive with off-peak EV tariffs. A smart EVSE can control the charge entirely and avoid expensive peak rate charging.

A smart EVSE can control the charge entirely and avoid expensive peak rate charging.

I agree, nuts that the car doesn't have a more complete set of options, I still favour the car over a smart charger (which is my case would mean making sure I had the right EV plugged into the right charger)

I use the API on Tesla (using TeslaFi in my case, other similar products out there) to stop charging at end of Off Peak - along with a host of other things, such as making sure that the charge rate is reset to 32A at Midnight (in case charging from PV, or some other reason, has reduced it during the day - frustrating to find it charged at 5AMPs overnight !!!) also for alerts if the car is below, say, 50% and not plugged in at 6PM .... and so on ...

I agree, nuts that the car doesn't have a more complete set of options, I still favour the car over a smart charger (which is my case would mean making sure I had the right EV plugged into the right charger)

I use the API on Tesla (using TeslaFi in my case, other similar products out there) to stop charging at end of Off Peak - along with a host of other things, such as making sure that the charge rate is reset to 32A at Midnight (in case charging from PV, or some other reason, has reduced it during the day - frustrating to find it charged at 5AMPs overnight !!!) also for alerts if the car is below, say, 50% and not plugged in at 6PM .... and so on ...
Jesus. Im puzzled with your malarky never mind The op as noob for just asking a simple question or dare I say many others for that matter. Im sure you have your reasons to do what you do and how you do it but there really is no reason to inflict paranoia on to newcomers 😵‍💫

We have four EV's here and 3 static chargers. The teslas which have the bigger batteries alternate one charger daily and the other two have their own. Everyone coming in at whatever time of the day with no intention of going back out just plugs in and thats that. The chargers are set to the cheap rate. If and when I get solar the chargers are also able to handle that task. Just get the right equipment unless you like/want to tinker. It really does not need to be complicated for the average person imho