Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Littleton CO Service Center Model 3 delivery question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I changed my M3SR order to an M3SR+ on Thurs. 4/4. On Fri 4/5 with no text message or VIN# from Tesla, I get a call from Kiera at the Littleton Service/Delivery Center and she says ”Your car is actually here” I said how did it get to Littleton so fast as I just changed my order not 24 hours ago.
She says “umm” and before she could answer I asked if this was someone’s refused delivery or return. She says “Let me check the odometer reading to see if it’s a return” But you just said that it was “my car” I replied.
I told Kiera that this sounds sketchy and that I didn’t want the car. I had her read the VIN# to me for reference (5YJ3E1AOKF305010).
She said “Okay, I’ll tell Nick since you’re working with him”. I have no clue who Nick is.
Then fifteen minutes later, Frank, the manager of sales, calls and leaves a message saying “ I understand that you have some questions about your delivery”
I didn’t bother calling back as I felt that I made it clear that I didn’t want that car.
So today I get a text saying that my delivery appoint is set for 4/11 and with that very same VIN# that I refused. I called Frank and he said that I can’t get a production VIN# and that they get batches of cars delivered, then they match people with VINs locally at the service center. Does anyone know if this is true or is Frank trying to slam-dunk me into an inventory or flip car?

I changed my M3SR order to an M3SR+ on Thurs. 4/4. On Fri 4/5 with no text message or VIN# from Tesla, I get a call from Kiera at the Littleton Service/Delivery Center and she says ”Your car is actually here” I said how did it get to Littleton so fast as I just changed my order not 24 hours ago.
She says “umm” and before she could answer I asked if this was someone’s refused delivery or return. She says “Let me check the odometer reading to see if it’s a return” But you just said that it was “my car” I replied.
I told Kiera that this sounds sketchy and that I didn’t want the car. I had her read the VIN# to me for reference (5YJ3E1AOKF305010).
She said “Okay, I’ll tell Nick since you’re working with him”. I have no clue who Nick is.
Then fifteen minutes later, Frank, the manager of sales, calls and leaves a message saying “ I understand that you have some questions about your delivery”
I didn’t bother calling back as I felt that I made it clear that I didn’t want that car.
So today I get a text saying that my delivery appoint is set for 4/11 and with that very same VIN# that I refused. I called Frank and he said that I can’t get a production VIN# and that they get batches of cars delivered, then they match people with VINs locally at the service center. Does anyone know if this is true or is Frank trying to slam-dunk me into an inventory or flip car?

No idea what they are doing, but they are pushing cars out fast. When I drive by the factory at night and they have lots of car carriers sitting their waiting to be loaded.

If the car was what I wanted I would take it and not wait. Just check it over really carefully.

First, a single post, joined up today, with an issue screams TROLL!

Second, you got the car that you want, but you are complaining? It's called "inventory" and it is just like every car you have bought in the past.

Second, you got the car that you want, but you are complaining? It's called "inventory" and it is just like every car you have bought in the past.

You beat me to it. Traditional dealers move inventory from location to location and trade cars with other dealers. Then they refuse to honor the deal they made with you because of the added "expense".

If Tesla has one inventory, check it over, and if it is what you ordered, take it.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

Okay enlighten me. Am I not allowed to have an issue in my first post? Yes, joined today because I had a question today.
How does this equal troll?

You are refusing delivery (won't even look at the car or return their calls) because the exact car you specified was already made and ready for delivery?

When you buy a car at a normal dealer, you usually either get one off their lot, or one is transferred from another dealer's lot. You rarely get one "straight from the factory".

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
That's exactly what I said, a new account with a "I must be getting screwed" question.
Most folks would have been joined for awhile, reading the posts and realizing that not only is a one day delivery possible, but actually quite common. The fact that a delivery manager actually reached out to you is uncommon, but you turn down the call, assuming that you are being screwed.
A non-troll type name would have made the question more acceptable.

You are refusing delivery (won't even look at the car or return their calls) because the exact car you specified was already made and ready for delivery?

When you buy a car at a normal dealer, you usually either get one off their lot, or one is transferred from another dealer's lot. You rarely get one "straight from the factory".

This is exactly why I asked the question. I just wasn’t sure. My friend who has an S said that they assigned him a VIN then notified him when it went into production. Based on this, it sounded odd to me.
I’ve been a lurker on this forum since last year and have read a slew of posts about delivery problems. My take is that you have to be careful with these guys, hence the question.

This is exactly why I asked the question. I just wasn’t sure. My friend who has an S said that they assigned him a VIN then notified him when it went into production. Based on this, it sounded odd to me.
I’ve been a lurker on this forum since last year and have read a slew of posts about delivery problems. My take is that you have to be careful with these guys, hence the question.

The S is/was different. For Model 3s you are usually matched to a car that has already been made. I don't think they are trying to scam you at all. If you ask them if the car has been rejected, they should be able to tell you. When I got matched recently to a 2018 VIN, I had a similar concern. I had a few people tell me that it was NOT a rejected car. But the skeptical part of me thought anyone could say that. One time when someone called to setup the delivery date (i don't remember who called or what it was for, I have talked to so many people at this point), he was able to give me the exact history of the car. He could see that my VIN had been matched to one previous owner for just 1 minute and then they cancelled. Then he was able to tell me why they cancelled (they found a car that was closer to them). So he could guarantee that no one had taken delivery of this vehicle yet. I hope you get your car soon and get to enjoy it!

The Model 3 is a much more mass produced car than the S and X. They produce more 3's per batch, and not all have owners assign before the com off the assembly line. There are a very limited number of options, so it's very common to have one available when you place the order.

I've had several coworkers get their Model 3s within a week of ordering, so they were definitely in production or already done.

The S is/was different. For Model 3s you are usually matched to a car that has already been made. I don't think they are trying to scam you at all. If you ask them if the car has been rejected, they should be able to tell you. When I got matched recently to a 2018 VIN, I had a similar concern. I had a few people tell me that it was NOT a rejected car. But the skeptical part of me thought anyone could say that. One time when someone called to setup the delivery date (i don't remember who called or what it was for, I have talked to so many people at this point), he was able to give me the exact history of the car. He could see that my VIN had been matched to one previous owner for just 1 minute and then they cancelled. Then he was able to tell me why they cancelled (they found a car that was closer to them). So he could guarantee that no one had taken delivery of this vehicle yet. I hope you get your car soon and get to enjoy it!

Thank you SoCalMom. I appreciate the help.

The Model 3 is a much more mass produced car than the S and X. They produce more 3's per batch, and not all have owners assign before the com off the assembly line. There are a very limited number of options, so it's very common to have one available when you place the order.

I've had several coworkers get their Model 3s within a week of ordering, so they were definitely in production or already done.

Thanks liuping. I appreciate the you guys putting my mind at ease.