Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lloyd's mats have arrived: photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my S with the rear-facing child seats. May I request guidance as to which of these trunk mats I should order? Thanks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362019280.196042.jpg

That mat looks really disappointing...the size looks very small and appears not to give very good coverage/protection. I do not understand why they wouldn't make the mat fill-up the space they supposedly custom make it for.

Any issues with storing the jumpseat in the footwell with the mat in place?

Yeah I wasn't exactly overjoyed when I got it. It's really small. But right now it's better than nothing because we have snow and it protects where their feet/boots are. I haven't folded the jump seats down yet...they get used daily.

The smell was not too bad! I smelled it the first day, then it seemed to dissipate...or I've just become immune to it. :wink:

QUOTE=NoGoodID;287519]That mat looks really disappointing...the size looks very small and appears not to give very good coverage/protection. I do not understand why they wouldn't make the mat fill-up the space they supposedly custom make it for.

Any issues with storing the jumpseat in the footwell with the mat in place?[/QUOTE]

I am trying to decide b/w the Luxi black, dark grey, and ebony colored Matt's for my blue P85 with grey leather. (I actually like the "slate" color but it only comes in the Ultimat (which is lower quality).

The dark grey looks awesome but I'm afraid it will get dirty...the black seems so dark so I'm leaning towards the ebony. I've heard some people say the ebony has a greenish hue to it which is what is making me hesitate.

I wonder if they will send me some samples....

I am trying to decide b/w the Luxi black, dark grey, and ebony colored Matt's for my blue P85 with grey leather. (I actually like the "slate" color but it only comes in the Ultimat (which is lower quality).

The dark grey looks awesome but I'm afraid it will get dirty...the black seems so dark so I'm leaning towards the ebony. I've heard some people say the ebony has a greenish hue to it which is what is making me hesitate.

I wonder if they will send me some samples....

I ordered a whole set of ebony based on advice earlier in this thread. Soon after receiving them, I was on the phone with automats.com making arrangements to get samples and to do the exchange. The ebony definitely has a green sheen to it. I went with black. Anyway, they will GLADLY send samples ahead of time. FYI, my mats are in the basement, car is expected in two weeks.

I ordered a whole set of ebony based on advice earlier in this thread. Soon after receiving them, I was on the phone with automats.com making arrangements to get samples and to do the exchange. The ebony definitely has a green sheen to it. I went with black. Anyway, they will GLADLY send samples ahead of time. FYI, my mats are in the basement, car is expected in two weeks.

Thank you so much for the advice! I'll request samples and I'll try and post some pictures and feedback once the samples come!

I hope they paid for the shipping for your exchange....I know some companies are better than others in that regard...

Thank you so much for the advice! I'll request samples and I'll try and post some pictures and feedback once the samples come!

I hope they paid for the shipping for your exchange....I know some companies are better than others in that regard...

i had to eat the shipping on my return, but I was Ok with it. By their clearly stated policy, they could've kept 20% of my payment as a restocking fee. My bad for not getting samples first.

I had a good chat with one of the AutoAnything reps today: I reported that the Lloyd's cargo well mat hasn't been fitting properly and shared the posts above. He didn't have access to the dimensions of that mat, and my car hasn't arrived yet so I couldn't provide more details: he thought the large size of Cargo Logic Liners, Lund Cargo Logic Cargo Liner, Lund Logic Cargo Liner might fit. Can someone measure what size you actually want for that well?

Here are a couple of more photos to help people thinking about Lloyd's mats to decide.

The top row in this one is from the Model S:
1. Lloyd Velourtex; color "black" x960 (trunk footwell)
2. Tesla included mat; color of Tesla interior (front passenger)
3. Lloyd Ultimat; color "Ebony" x118 (front passenger)

The second row is from the Roadster:
4. Tesla included mat (driver)
5. Lloyd Luxe; color "ebony" x018 (passenger)

IMG_5632.JPG

Note that Ebony in Ultimat and Ebony in Luxe are definitely not the same colors. I'd describe it as medium gray in Ultimat; dark grey with a slight green twinge in Luxe.

I'd call the "black" in the Velourtex a charcoal gray with a slight green twinge.

I'd call the Model S mats, well, black. The Roadster mats charcoal.

Here are some edge-on pictures so you can get an idea of the relative thickness. These three mats are all Lloyd's; from left to right they are Velourtex, Ultimat and Luxe:

IMG_5636.jpg

These are Tesla's Roadster mat, Lloyd's Ultimat, and Tesla's Model S mat:

IMG_5638.jpg

There are more pictures (including with mats in the car) HERE.

Last edited:
Just want to chime in on the Lloyd's Ultimats- I got a set today and I was underwhelmed. The quality is somewhat better than the stock mats that came with the car but I wouldn't say dramatically better. They fit nicely. I've heard, though, that the stock Tesla mats are better these days than the ones people complained so much about a couple of months ago. I got the Rubbertite mat for the cargo area. It also fits nicely but is clearly cut from a large stock and the edges are a little rough. If you're interested in saving a few bucks you could probably search for some similar quality rubber sheeting and cut some out yourself that will work just as well. For reference: $125 for the floor mats and $90 for the cargo liner from AutoAnything.

Just want to chime in on the Lloyd's Ultimats- I got a set today and I was underwhelmed. The quality is somewhat better than the stock mats that came with the car but I wouldn't say dramatically better.

They are exactly as you say, adequate. I use them to protect the car during bad weather months. When the weather is nice and dry, with no mud, or salt, then I will remove them.

I have a black interior. What should I get?
Luxe Black?
Ultimat in Graphite?

I suppose I'd prefer the nicer mats if the color match is good.
Who's the best retailer? AutoAnything?

thanks,
Derek

The ebony do not match the black, the black I presume will match the black. I have the ebony and think they are great except the anchoring system is awkward, and black would have matched better. I am the only one who has noticed. But they have been super to have this messy winter - and I really (strongly) prefer carpet all 12 months, never rubber or plastic. These have cleaned up nicely for me and withstood a real trampling. I'll pull them out in favor of the new Tesla mats next week in April, until December. Of interest is that the included Tesla mats have changed quite a bit since December - I like the Tesla Insignia on the photos above. I picked up new Tesla Mats for the front and have yet to pull them out of the bag. Bottom line: I strongly support a durable carpet mat for winter and muddy months - don't want to be going zero to sixty in 5 seconds stepping on rubber. Know what I mean?

I bought them from AutoAnything, no problems, and included rear seat mat and mat for the trunk but not frunk. I posted pics in December in this thread above.