Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loaded 2016 P100D for $93K with 4 year CPO Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not my car but we are looking to buy a P100D for our second car and this car is not the right color for us BUT it is a pretty decent price of $93K for a loaded P100D. So if anyone is looking to buy a P100D for close to 90K, take a look at this CPO car.

Obviously make sure you do your due diligence to make sure they are not selling a damaged car. If the car is not damaged, this is a great car at a great price. If the car is damaged, reject it and wait for an undamaged one as there will be other P100Ds coming in the market for the early 90s.

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

As we continue our search, I'll share other good deals I find that don't match our very specific criteria for color and options.

Good luck with your Tesla search! :)

I have been watching that current CPO and even if AP1 is still better its resale value puts it at a disadvantage. There was a CPO 2017 P100D AP2 FSD, 19k miles, a few weeks ago that dropped to $96500 before selling. It was the best priced ‘17 CPO P100D FSD I have seen, I have seen cheaper private sales though. There’s another 2016 P100D with FSD on the west coast that is $10k more now but will be below $100k in a few days.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Xolt and PhilDavid
I have been watching that current CPO and even if AP1 is still better its resale value puts it at a disadvantage. There was a CPO 2017 P100D AP2 FSD, 19k miles, a few weeks ago that dropped to $96500 before selling. It was the best priced ‘17 CPO P100D FSD I have seen, I have seen cheaper private sales though. There’s another 2016 P100D with FSD on the west coast that is $10k more now but will be below $100k in a few days.

Excellent points and totally agree with your analysis.

The P100Ds will be depreciating about $2,000/month for at least about the next year. This is partly why we decided to no longer even consider buying a CPO P85D but instead find a deal on a P100D with AP2. We are also about to see a few hundred of them come off lease in the coming months.

Basically an AP1 P100D can now be bought for the low 90s and an AP2 P100D can now be bought for the high 90s. Based on this pricing, I agree completely that you are better off buying an AP2 P100D for the high 90s. Based on the price delta of barely $5K, it seems the AP1 P100Ds should drop in price further.

Reactions: P85_DA
Didn’t think p100d’s would be below 100k so quickly. I feel sorry for the p90d sellers still trying to hawk their cars above 90k n not budging. Their cars are dropping like rocks if p100ds are breaking the 100k barrier.

Didn’t think p100d’s would be below 100k so quickly. I feel sorry for the p90d sellers still trying to hawk their cars above 90k n not budging. Their cars are dropping like rocks if p100ds are breaking the 100k barrier.
Normal car depreciation would put them below $100k. It was crazy how the limited number of Tesla’s built vs the increased adoption rate has given them an abnormally low depreciation rate temporarily. New Tesla’s are cheaper now including more options so that has to factor in to the base pre-depreciation number. You will probably see a steeper depreciation now to catch up with where they should have been now that production is catching up with demand and other options entering the market.

Reactions: Xolt
Normal car depreciation would put them below $100k. It was crazy how the limited number of Tesla’s built vs the increased adoption rate has given them an abnormally low depreciation rate temporarily. New Tesla’s are cheaper now including more options so that has to factor in to the base pre-depreciation number. You will probably see a steeper depreciation now to catch up with where they should have been now that production is catching up with demand and other options entering the market.

When we were considering what to buy, we didn't even consider a P90D as we didn't feel for our needs it justified much of a premium over a P85D. The battery capacity difference is just 5 kWh and even that is questionable given well publicized concerns with the 90 pack. We personally feel safer with the 85 pack.

With P100Ds now in the lower 90s, anyone planning to sell a P90D should probably get that wrapped up sooner rather than later.

When we were considering what to buy, we didn't even consider a P90D as we didn't feel for our needs it justified much of a premium over a P85D. The battery capacity difference is just 5 kWh and even that is questionable given well publicized concerns with the 90 pack. We personally feel safer with the 85 pack.

With P100Ds now in the lower 90s, anyone planning to sell a P90D should probably get that wrapped up sooner rather than later.
There may not be a huge performance bump going from the P85D to a P90D but according to Tesla the refresh S had the biggest improvements throughout the car that they have made so far. It is little to do with the refreshed styling but much more under the skin that you can’t see. I think the styling change was significant but according to several service techs that was the least. I personally think the refresh P90D’s are the best value out there because of reduced value from what I think mostly unfounded concerns about the battery. We have two 90’s and they have had incredibly little degradation. There may have been a limited number of issues but I think that the problem is more hype than reality.

• Informative
Reactions: Don TLR
Guys I actually looked at this last week when in Chicago picking up another P100D for my wife. The car is really rough as the paint needs a complete correction to remove all swirls from touch washes and there was a small scratch on the right back quarter. The parcel was missing and the driver floor mat had a high heel hole in it. The AP2 cars are the way to go and I suspect next quarter there will be a hefty amount off loaded as this quarter was quite weak on P100Ds.

Guys I actually looked at this last week when in Chicago picking up another P100D for my wife. The car is really rough as the paint needs a complete correction to remove all swirls from touch washes and there was a small scratch on the right back quarter. The parcel was missing and the driver floor mat had a high heel hole in it. The AP2 cars are the way to go and I suspect next quarter there will be a hefty amount off loaded as this quarter was quite weak on P100Ds.

Paint correction: $500
Parcel shelf: $100
1x floor mat: $20

Is it worth to fix?