TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Loaner car experience at various Bay Area SCs?

Discussion in 'California' started by California85D, Nov 2, 2015.

1. California85D

California85D Member

Sep 15, 2015
    I brought my car into service for the first time today. I had done some research and thought that I might have a better chance of getting an actual Tesla loaner if I brought it to Fremont, but all I was doing was having the front license plate installed so didn't think I'd be leaving my car at all. As luck would have it, computers were down and they needed extra time so they sent me home in a loaner. Sadly, it was an ICE loaner from Enterprise rental down the street. Boo.

So I thought I'd start a thread to keep track of loaner car experiences at bay area SCs. Specifically I am willing to go to Fremont, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Santana Row, or even Burlingame for a better chance at a real Tesla loaner.

The guy at Enterprise told me Sunnyvale Tesla sends them probably 5 or 10 people a day so it seems like most people at Sunnyvale Tesla are not getting Tesla loaners.

Anyone else have experiences you can share from Bay Area SCs getting a Tesla or non-Tesla loaner car?
  2. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Lafayette, CA
    In mid-September I brought my 85D in to Dublin for a few cosmetic warranty issues. I got a P85 loaner, old enough that I had to get used to the reversed cruise control and turn signal stalks. It was fun. :)
  3. NorCalSJ

NorCalSJ Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    I went to the Fremont SC in early October 2015 and was given a P85D loaner