TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Loaner S drivers screen UI very different.

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by sp4rk, Aug 12, 2013.

1. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

So, while my S is in for routine service, Villa Park (IL) has loaned me a P85+ "ride".

VERY different! The UI navigation is different. (Aside from being governed at 80.)

Right steering wheel thumbwheel reacts differently to mine. As delivered, click it and instantly pano roof vents, click again, closes it. Huh?

The only way to access a different app is to use the button underneath scrollwheel and make a different app "active".

Never seen this before.

Firmware says 4.5.5, same as mine. Is mine is a "different" mode setting?

Other thing odd was as we approached the car yesterday, handles extended themselves, and before we got into the car, wide open pano roof closed all on its own.

All else seems to be "normal".

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

How is the nav different? Pics? I can set my right wheel to open/close the pano roof too.

3. deonb

deonb Active Member

Your RHS function is probably set to 'All', where the RHS function of the loaner is set to 'Sunroof'.

If you go into customize option (using the lower button), then scroll to the top, you'll be able to select 'All' from there.

The different is subtle. In 'All' more, when you click the scroll wheel it allows you to click on a function and then you can further interact with that function. If you however customize it a specific function, the scroll wheel immediately performs that function and you have to go into 'Customize' to select another function.