Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loaner S drivers screen UI very different.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, while my S is in for routine service, Villa Park (IL) has loaned me a P85+ "ride".

VERY different! The UI navigation is different. (Aside from being governed at 80.)

Right steering wheel thumbwheel reacts differently to mine. As delivered, click it and instantly pano roof vents, click again, closes it. Huh?

The only way to access a different app is to use the button underneath scrollwheel and make a different app "active".

Never seen this before.

Firmware says 4.5.5, same as mine. Is mine is a "different" mode setting?

Other thing odd was as we approached the car yesterday, handles extended themselves, and before we got into the car, wide open pano roof closed all on its own.

All else seems to be "normal".

Right steering wheel thumbwheel reacts differently to mine. As delivered, click it and instantly pano roof vents, click again, closes it. Huh?

Your RHS function is probably set to 'All', where the RHS function of the loaner is set to 'Sunroof'.

If you go into customize option (using the lower button), then scroll to the top, you'll be able to select 'All' from there.

The different is subtle. In 'All' more, when you click the scroll wheel it allows you to click on a function and then you can further interact with that function. If you however customize it a specific function, the scroll wheel immediately performs that function and you have to go into 'Customize' to select another function.